What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I can has picture thread?

• Thread starter Crofthulhu
  • Start date
Awesome Dioneae collection! You should label them all.

Also, that is the cutest little rajah I have ever seen.

And in regards to the fused tooth:

I should hope that if I ever became a rock star that I would not end up looking like that. Perhaps that is the Mick Jagger of flytraps? :lol:

HOW YOU GROW YOUR DARLINGTONIA!!!! why can't mine look like that :crie:
And your cephs :spazz:
Algebraic is a random exclamation all the hip young old-sters say :p

LOL! I was hoping she was into math Is it like 'radical' or 'tubular'?

Awesome pics. Your plants look great!

HOW YOU GROW YOUR DARLINGTONIA!!!! why can't mine look like that :crie:
And your cephs :spazz:
Algebraic is a random exclamation all the hip young old-sters say :p

heck, I'm still saying "cool" and "bi***in'" ........ must be getting old eh?

Nice colors on the D. rotundifolia! The Korean Melody Shark growth spurt made me laugh.
I blame you for my obsession with Maroon Monster.

Thanks everyone.. @Wire Man, I've got a teensy tiny division that'll probably be a nice size by the end of the season if you're interested? I love the plant so much I have 3.

LOL! I just noticed this topic...now. Great looking plants and photohrapy skills! I like the perspective / angles you take with them - especially with the Darlingtonia. What does the 'Algebraic' refer to?

It's from a children's cartoon on Cartoon Network called Adventuretime, the main character makes up adjectives from math words; it's MATHEMATICAL!

Awesome Dioneae collection! You should label them all.

Also, that is the cutest little rajah I have ever seen.

And in regards to the fused tooth:

I should hope that if I ever became a rock star that I would not end up looking like that. Perhaps that is the Mick Jagger of flytraps? :lol:

:lol:.. I called it a rockstar because it still looked awesome despite the harsh winter it went through. It STILL has all those traps. I'm amazed considering all my plants actually look like they've been through dormancy (terrible).

Phew! Haven't been here in some time! Now that my plants are active, it's time for me to start being active! I recently converted a closet into a grow space thought I'd show some photos. I plan on moving the light farther down, it's way higher than I had it before.

Hmm.. so I guess I'll tell you all what I did. After clearing the closet and cleaning the walls I lined the whole thing with mylar; I ordered a 48in x 25ft roll from amazon for $25 and still had plenty left. I took some measurements and pre-cut sheets. I used a really strong double sided tape to get the sheets up and once up, I reinforced them with metal/foil tape. The shelving rack (18in x 48in x 72in) is made by "Seville" which I got from amazon for ~$100, shipped free with Prime; Which I thought was incredible, since it came in one box, and was BIG and HEAVY. There were almost exact same shelving at a store called Storables, but they were twice as much, and there was no way something that large was going to fit in our tiny sports car, so I ordered one. The lighting is a "Sun Blaze" T5 fixture with 4 54 watt, 4ft bulbs which I picked up at my local plant store, I have another but haven't installed it yet; I am pretty sure they were $150 a piece. For the curtains, I used an old shower rod, with old drapes from storage to cover until I figure out something better. Damage: ~$425

mv7Qul.jpg

M6BV4l.jpg

o0qkEl.jpg

HrJyYl.jpg

iRImJl.jpg

I've picked up some Utrics recently. I used to think they weren't very interesting.. I was pretty wrong. Their flowers are incredible.. they are like.. mini orchids.

Cute little sandersonii flower cluster
aniAT.jpg

LWBM9.jpg

U. livida
pe36g.jpg

9PrS3.jpg

FLOWER STALKS!!!!!!!!11:boogie:
ekIRx.jpg

TcZnw.jpg

lKXPL.jpg

YES FINALLY JEEZ!!! Royal truncata. What's it being called nowadays? N. robcantleyi?
LGpTn.jpg

Fg58r.jpg

That's all I got for now. Will have lots more when everything starts looking purdy again. The weather is JUST warming up here.

The first sanderonnii pic is really cool! Nice plants!

Awww my robcantleyi makes nonexistant lids too. Maybe they're just supposed to be small to make the peristome look bigger? :p

Awww my robcantleyi makes nonexistant lids too. Maybe they're just supposed to be small to make the peristome look bigger? :p

:-)) bhahaha! I was wondering what the heck was wrong with it! I couldn;t help but laugh and think it was adorable. At least now I know that's "normal".

Yes, I dare-say you CAN has picture thread ;) You have some nice plants there.

MOAR

cobra pot
V3TeU.jpg

D. binata waking up!
0zaQa.jpg

Random pot of cruddy VFT
2EKhc.jpg

Sawtooth
xroCz.jpg

Seed growns
W6f6z.jpg

nanv9.jpg

Korean Melody Shark
ZWYgI.jpg

Maroon Monster, not so purdy right now
fKiJZ.jpg

I love how the new growth comes out on Maroon Monster
Tu60h.jpg

baby MM div
Ec6mI.jpg

Mature Jaws
2Lgfb.jpg

Young-ish Jaws
kEsrK.jpg

B52 divided like crazy!
Ps5vk.jpg

annnd.. this just came in the mail today.. so I have to share:

otmF6.jpg

GAH OMG love the pendant!! Where did you get that?? I also love that crackle nail polish.. coolest invention ever.. Have black and red myself.

GAH OMG love the pendant!! Where did you get that?? I also love that crackle nail polish.. coolest invention ever.. Have black and red myself.

Dunno if I can post store links? But if you go to Etsy, and browse "venus flytrap" under "jewelry" you should find it pretty quick. If you visit Marty Magic's actual website, they have it for $15 cheaper.

and OMG.. just found out this nail polish existed a week or two ago.. RED?? I need that! Really is the coolest nail polish ever.

I did some shopping..

Got an email with a picture of N. 'Whisper" in it and I couldn't say no. I'd been thinking about getting one for a while, and the email made me pull the trigger. Needless to say I'm extremely pleased with the size and overall health of it when it arrived.. very nice plant and can't wait for it to pitcher for me.
LQaHK.jpg

Because I'm crazy about anything truncata, I needed an N. truncata Pasian..
692wa.jpg

S. 'Hank'
zc958.jpg

Cause I love purp hybrids so much.. S. (leucophylla x oreophila) x purpurea ssp. purpurea
GIXxz.jpg

‘Golden Red Jubilee’ x purpurea ssp. purpurea
vLXe5.jpg

'Wilkerson's White Knight' x pupurea ssp. venosa
BxKSL.jpg

Got a little extra with the purp hybrid order.. never even heard of Dionaea 'Guava Sawtooth' before, look forward to watching this grow, with a little Justina Davis on the side in the best chocolate ice cream ever's container.
JdPtK.jpg

Look forward to seeing S. 'Hank' grow.. after seeing Brie's I knew I had to snatch one up. Also looking forward to watching the new purp hybrids grow. I looooooove puuurps.

I'm officially ordering a Maroon Monster as soon as my next paycheck comes in.

I'm officially ordering a Maroon Monster as soon as my next paycheck comes in.

Sweet! I'm sure you wont be disappointed, makes some really nice sized traps when it's mature, and dat color.

Can't wait to see pics when you get it!

I love the "plant closet". Great use of available space.

Nice man I am loving those VFT's I wish I could grow them like that!

Back