What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I would say Adrian Slack on the left. :)

The neck on the right one is too short and it looks too leuco-like. :)

Ditto...

the one on the right looks almost like a moorei

Correct. The one on the left is S. 'Adrian Slack'. :) You guys are good.

The one on the right is the leucophylla "alba top" x flava rubricorpora. They will be easy to the apart later in life I would imagine because the leucophylla x flava will not be as large as S. 'Adrian Slack'. At least I don't think so.

Last edited:
White Knight is looking good. How tall is it?

Some new pics...

N. sibuyanensis x xTrusmadiensis
img0013gu.jpg

N. ventricosa x inermis
img0012bm.jpg

img0011fa.jpg

N. truncata x spectabilis
img0008xdx.jpg

img0010co.jpg

One of my smaller B52s
img0007yz.jpg

My light starved S. psittacina. It hasn't a chance next to my massive S. minor clump. Needs moved badly.
img0006hkc.jpg

Some more pics.

First off, my newest nepenthes.
N. densiflora x (burbidgeae x edwardsiana).
Can't wait to see how this one turns out.
img0013nef.jpg

img0012af.jpg

N. xSabre
img0017zz.jpg

img0015ru.jpg

N. xPredator working on an upper.
img0014fj.jpg

N. xTrusmadiensis
img0026rl.jpg

And...My first ever pings I received from NY Nerd.
Well, I did get a hitchhiker once when I first started, but I sent him to ping heaven quickly.
img0018ns.jpg

Last edited:
Oh they are very lovely :)

And now some Heliamphora
First two are blurry. I didn't realize I had a smudge on my lense... sorry.
H. sarracenioides
img0001hd.jpg

My Heliamphra nursery. Five or so small ones growing in there.
The largest is H. Tequila
img0003wj.jpg

H. heterodoxa x ionasii
img0008ku.jpg

img0009lu.jpg

H. heterodoxa x minor
img0007aq.jpg

H. heterodoxa and H. pulchella
img0006pc.jpg

And last but certainly not least.
H. "butchiensis". Can't seem to get this one to color up.
Not due to lack of trying.
img0011kvn.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful plants, dash. :)

:love:
Quite the astounding collection- love it!

Thanks everyone.

White Knight is looking good. How tall is it?

Thanks. I'm not sure. I haven't measured. If I had to guess 20-24 inches. They are quite tall and slender. I recently repotted it and put it in with some other larger sarracenia so that the pitchers would be supported with growth from the other sarracenia on either side of it. The pitchers would constantly droop and break from wind gusts. It was in a pot of it's own which was the original pot I got from Meadowview when I was there 2 years ago.

I highly recommend this sarracenia. It is one of my favorites!

Finally! I can't believe I finally found one. This is the holy grail for N. ventricosa fans.... or maybe just me. :)

Introducing.....
N. ventricosa "porcelain form".
95778031.jpg

98226544.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. I'm not sure. I haven't measured. If I had to guess 20-24 inches. They are quite tall and slender. I recently repotted it and put it in with some other larger sarracenia so that the pitchers would be supported with growth from the other sarracenia on either side of it. The pitchers would constantly droop and break from wind gusts. It was in a pot of it's own which was the original pot I got from Meadowview when I was there 2 years ago.

I highly recommend this sarracenia. It is one of my favorites!

It's an awesome hybrid! Such a pure white. The ones at Meadowview started making leaves close to 3 feet tall in August. The lids were at my waist!

Oh, that porcelain is nice! Such an amazing sheen on the peristome.

GAH! *nosebleeds* That Ventricosa is beautiful! :drool: :drool: :drool:

It's an awesome hybrid! Such a pure white. The ones at Meadowview started making leaves close to 3 feet tall in August. The lids were at my waist!

Oh, that porcelain is nice! Such an amazing sheen on the peristome.

Yes, I'm not surprised S. "White Knight" is that big at Meadowview. I have a picture of my daughter standing next to a S. flava rugelli when we visited Meadowview that is every bit of 3 feet tall and a lid big enough to stuff a softball in.

Here is the mother plant: http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32934

I have wanted one ever since I read this thread a few years ago. So happy. :)

Wow that is a great porcelain form. So large too!

Yes, I'm not surprised S. "White Knight" is that big at Meadowview. I have a picture of my daughter standing next to a S. flava rugelli when we visited Meadowview that is every bit of 3 feet tall and a lid big enough to stuff a softball in.

Here is the mother plant: http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32934

I have wanted one ever since I read this thread a few years ago. So happy. :)

I know exactly which plant you're talking about, the Georgia Giants! They were even taller this year, approaching 4 feet.

That has to be the best looking N. ventricosa I've ever seen..... Probably one of the most beautiful Nepenthes I've ever seen. It's so simple, but so pretty! Is it as easy to grow as other vents?

Well, I have had it all of 23 hours so in my experience yes it is really easy and as fast as all of the others. LOL.

But seriously, this plant has a reputation for being extremely finicky and slow growing and requires strictly highland conditions. The original grower reports that it will go pretty much dormant for months, then pick back up again. With that in mind, I am just hoping I don't kill it.

Oh, and it appears to be female, according to the tag.

Last edited:
'Really like that N. truncata x spectabilis! Lovely markings. I really don't have the space for neps right now but it is a pleasure to see photos from people who know how to grow them properly.

- Mark

Back