What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wire Man's Plants

• Thread starter Wire Man
  • Start date
That N. lavicola is getting pretty big!

Great update! Everything looks great; I love the N lavicola. It is putting some size and developing nice color.

Thanks for sharing!

N. lavicola has a surprisingly small diameter. The whole plant is about 6" across, yet it's leaving the rosette stage and moving towards the vining stage. It's definitely a worthwhile plant to grow.

That's a super nice looking ventrata you have! Glad to see the ceph is doing well, and you have your first glabrata pitchers!

My N. ampularia 'harlequin' cutting (which was a little smaller than the one I sent you) has finally started showing some leaf growth. Any signs of growth on yours yet?

I gave the ventrata to a friend recently. She's been wanting to try Nepenthes for a while now. The Ceph and glabrata are growing surprisingly quickly, as is the sibuyanensis.

The amp is actually starting to move the new leaf. I'm probably going to give it to Mason for the time being, since he loves ampullaria and has perfect conditions for it.

Glad to hear the amp should pull through, whoever the owner.

I promise it's getting a good home, I havnt been growing nepenthes all that long but if I say so myself I'm pretty good when it comes to ampullaria :)

Just moved back home earlier today. Dislocated a big toe by dropping a 3 foot tall metal tool chest on it, so that made everything way more fun.....

Definitely need to optimize my grow space somehow. Putting the Mexican Pings into dormancy should help.

Small update.
N. glabrata lower pitcher, almost ready to open.

N. glabrata by Wire Man, on Flickr

N. aristolochioides x ventricosa. This one is making some really red pitchers with a nearly black peristome.

N. aristolochioides x ventricosa by Wire Man, on Flickr

N. sibuyanensis, moving a lot quicker than expected.

N. sibuyanensis Inflating Pitcher by Wire Man, on Flickr

N. glabrata upper, fully mature.

And my freak D. aliceae flower. The stalk forked into 3.....

D. aliceae Flower by Wire Man, on Flickr

You're not the only one with flower freaks: mine split into 5 stalks and aborted 6 other minis at the same time.

now they're my flower freaks :D mwahahahaha

Mine did the same thing, aborted every one of the single stalks, but goes to town with the freak.

Good luck with the flowers. All of the ones I gave you have insane heights.

I love your glabrata and the rest of your plants look amazing. Hopefully one of these days I'll figure out how to make HL nepenthes happy and will be able to add a glabrata to me collection.

Honestly, highlanders aren't that difficult. I don't have any cooling devices, yet they grow perfectly fine.

Such pretty little pitchers on glabrata. Someone described them as looking hand-painted. You can almost see the brush strokes. A nice-looking plant you have there.

Wait until you see the latest pitcher that N. aristolochioides x ventricosa made. It's super fat and tubby. I do like the markings on N. glabrata a lot.

Wow your plants are looking great :)

Luca, you haven't even seen the best stuff yet. All of my ICPS purchases are settling in and growing. Well, all of them but Nepenthes 'Nile', which has made plenty of new leaves, but no pitchers.

Back