What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wire Man's Plants

• Thread starter Wire Man
  • Start date
The pic you posted of D. "cistiflora" I don't think is the same species. Cistiflora doesn't have the long margin tentacles that thing does, and it has long, rather than wide, leaves, even when a rosette. Looks more like a spatulata-complex or burmannii-complex plant.

Judging from other people's results, your N. attenboroughii seed should start germinating within just a couple weeks (assuming you've planted them already). Keep us updated :)

The D. cistiflora are only small seedlings. Plus, they're the red form. They have a long ways to go before showing mature leaves. The N. attenboroughii seeds have been sown for almost a week now.

Wonderful burkii. Everything looks great :grin:

It should make an even larger pitcher on the next leaf. The color is so vibrant!

U. sandersonii 'Blue' with 3 flowers.

U. sandersonii 'Blue' by Wire Man, on Flickr

D. palaecea ssp. trichocaulis producing gemmae already

D. palaecea ssp. trichocaulis by Wire Man, on Flickr

D. palaecea ssp. trichocaulis by Wire Man, on Flickr

D. roseanna in full swing with gemmae production

D. roseanna by Wire Man, on Flickr

N. burbidgeae

N. burbidgeae by Wire Man, on Flickr

A weird double ala thing on N. truncata

N. truncata Double Ala by Wire Man, on Flickr

Nice new pitcher on N. 'Dormouse'

N. 'Dormouse' by Wire Man, on Flickr

N. 'Dormouse' by Wire Man, on Flickr

N. 'Lorraine' and a super dark pitcher

N. 'Lorraine' by Wire Man, on Flickr

N. aristo x vent

N. aristolochioides x ventricosa by Wire Man, on Flickr

attenboroughii seeds

N. attenboroughii by Wire Man, on Flickr

N. attenboroughii Seeds by Wire Man, on Flickr

N. naga

N. naga by Wire Man, on Flickr

Cephalotus is really going for it!

Cephalotus by Wire Man, on Flickr

Superb Cephalotus, love that pot o' pygmies. :)

nice to see everything growing well for you, man! Loving that ceph as well. are you a little concerned about the sphag overgrowing your seeds?

The pot o' pygmies never gets old! Everything seems to be loving to cooler temps. My Heli is working on 3 new leaves at once, one seemingly coming from nowhere.
Frankly, I'm amazed at how well the Ceph is doing. Hopefully the pitchers won't die off when I put it through a month long dormancy.
I'm not worried about the Sphag overgrowing the seeds at all. It's Sphagnum compactum, super slow and low growing.

Everything looks great. Love the N 'dormouse'!
I'm really glad to see the ceph doing well for you. I'm wondering if it might be more vigorous than the average ceph clone.

Hey, I was wondering, any tips on growing the D. roseana? My plants are doing great, but even with temperature and watering changes they won't produce any gemmae. Any ideas?

N. 'Dormouse' is a neat little hybrid. The stem is bright red, and the shape of the uppers is awesome! I have no clue what's up with this Ceph, but it's a machine!

I know pygmies will produce gemmae after a hot, dry summer dormancy, but mine went into overdrive when I switched from 800 lumen bulbs to 1400+ lumen bulbs.

very impressive.....where is the like button? :)

I'm not worried about the Sphag overgrowing the seeds at all. It's Sphagnum compactum, super slow and low growing.

Is that the sphagnum you gave me? It looks similar.

The Sphagnum I gave you is very different. It's from Newport News, VA. I was rather surprised to find it considering how developed the area is.

Sweet plants Wireman! That one pygmy pot is very impressive.

As far as Cephalotus is concerned, I find once they are happy they grow extremely fast in CP terms. In about 16 months I've had one go from a small plant in a 2" pot with no mature pitchers to completely filling a 5.5" pot. Before I found what works in my conditions it was painfully slow and nearly died haha.

'Still love the lavicola. Big congrats on getting the D. cisitflora to germinate. I'm about ready to consider my own efforts a failure even after heat striation and Ga3 treatment.

I plan on taking that pot to a conference or meeting, or whenever another plant show rolls around. I have to agree with the Ceph experience so far (Hendrix not involved). It took a while to get going, but after that first pitcher is sat there with puppy dog eyes screaming, "I love you!"

N. lavicola just keeps getting better and better. It's starting to get more fans. The cistiflora seeds weren't as hard to germinate as I expected. The day I was going to sprinkle some ash on the pot was the day I saw the first sprout. Which flower color were your seeds?

hey wire man who are lorraine's parents , Highland? lowland?
very very nice nep.8285673493_ed8ca71fb1.jpg

Back