What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Irene..a pox on your winds

chibae

An orchid fancier with a CP problem
Here I was last night enjoying my dinner, listening to the wind and the rain, all the while snug and dry and chatting with my TF peeps.
When suddenly, out of no where it happens :ohno: NO POWER:censor:
Last hurricane/tropical storm we were without power for four days.......
My son who lives on the eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay, ignored the evacuation order, stayed home and he HAS power.???
My daughter lives 10 miles, and across a currently closed bridge, from me..HAS power???
This morning hubby hooked the fios into the generator so I could at least get on line :hail:hubby.

The big barrel bogs survived fine, didn't even lose a single seed pod on the calapogon orchids.
The mini bogs and potted dews that were put under cover even opened their flowers this morning:D

And now for the orphan report:
I had forgotten to move the 2 small N.ventrata cuttings that were rooting in small pots out in my large planter. One is now gone:down: but the other is still safe and happy :-D. That one shall forever onward be known by the name of TD nine. (I wasn't going to name it after the storm's full name)

New hail hubby update..the open grow racks are still in the dark but he has put the tanks lights and airflows on line with the generator.

Last edited:
woohoo,

sorry bout the one that is MIA, but that is minor stuffs.... glad all is well kid

:)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2MMGT8DgM4k"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2MMGT8DgM4k" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Aww, sorry to hear :( At least you have internet to talk with us plant peeps!

I was wondering why that cutting fell from the sky today. :suspect:

Save the plants first!

Thats what I did put 'em in the shop under 2 tube fluorescent fixtures and hooked up the little 800 Watt 2 cycle generator and ran it all day and night Saturday and this morning until my daughter offered their big guns 5500 Watt generator since they didn't need it - NEVER lost power once. Her husband delivered it about 1:00 PM, put it in the back yard, hooked up 2 extension cords, started it up and gave me 2 extra cans of gas.

Later on yesterday hubby also put the lights over the open grow racks on generator.

now, today, Monday, as of 3:30 PM..we have POWER again :banana2::banana2::banana2:

Later on yesterday hubby also put the lights over the open grow racks on generator.

now, today, Monday, as of 3:30 PM..we have POWER again :banana2::banana2::banana2:

Yay! Bionic Chib back up and running

Back