What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phytosanitary Price?

I've got my eye on a Nep from overseas and the seller says he can add a phytosanitary certificate for 10 extra dollars. Does that price sound right? I've never dealt with an order from outside the U.S. before, but I expected the certificate to cost more.

may vary from country to country. I remember years ago it being close to $70 for one done by USDA PPQ. IIRC It may also vary based upon the value of the shipment.....

I think the permit to import CITES species is $70 USD from the USDA.

If you are exporting plants from the US you may need to get PPQ 577 from an authorized certification official at the Federal, State or County level. It depends on the country you are shipping to. I don't know what the cost is. I think the cost is from having the plants inspected.

Photosanitary cert. seems to vary from country to country. Ive seen some listed as $10, and some up to $100.

Thanks for the info, everyone. The whole thing sounded a little fishy to me.

Ok, if you are exporting plants from the US -

Per shipment
Commercial Shipments $104 ($106 beginning Oct 1, 2011)
Non-comercial Shipments (valued less than $1250) $60 ($61 beginning Oct 1, 2011)

$15 to replace a lost certificate

$6 or $12 administrative fee if the certificate was issued by a State or County inspector, depending if you are using the tracking system or not.

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/import_export/plants/plant_exports/userfees_export_certificate.shtml

Back