What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTrader system on this forum?

hey guys, I was wondering why don't we have it on this board? I noticed other boards I'm on like plantedtank and dendroboards have it. For those who are not familiar, iTrader is like a feedback/rating system in your profile for transactions with other people. I personally haven't had a bad trade yet, and it doesn't seem like the dishonesty is too bad here. But... it would still be cool to have it available.

what do you guys think?

i proposed it before...i thought it was be a good idea....

Oh =X, I've been a bit MIA since the start of college, now that I am done... back to my hobbies. =) What did they say last time?

nothing....i guess it was one of those threads that fell off the face of the earth...i think it was because i was considered a "noob" ???

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94599

Last updated 3 years ago...maybe it just hasn't been updates recently for whatever reason but by the looks of it I'm not sure TF needs it considering the relatively low amount of trade traffic on the site and high amount of trusted members.

I think it is a cool feature but I'm sure Andrew has to weigh the need against the cost (not really sure how such an upgrade would work financially).

The script appears to be free. The problem with 3rd partyadd-ons is:

1) It's not supported by vBulletin,
2) You have to rely on the 3rd party for support and updates
3) You can get locked into a version of vBulletin until the 3rd party updates the add-on

3rd Party developers have a habit of disappearing which can leave you high and dry (see above).

I can't speak for Andrew but it seems to me he isn't too keen on rating systems. He's locked down user initiated polls and disabled message/thread rating functions as well as member ratings (reputation etc.)

Nothing to do with being new amph :p NAN has a lot correct. We self monitor bad transactions via the bad traders list and would like to think the others are likely good traders. I know rating systems work at some forums, but I've also seen them fail at others (become "click" oriented giving negative comments/feedback to people they don't get along with) or whatever. Just another thing we'd possible need to babysit while it seems to work find around here without it.
But thanks for the suggestion.
Andrew

Back