What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A question of morals

Status
Not open for further replies.
See my edited post above. I made a major typo...

And yes, I agree. Not the place to state views. But since it seems to be so controversial these days, shouldn't be unexpected.

Scot,
I don't think the removal of the last thread was so much about politcal correctness and intolerance to opposing views (although I would call it hateful and hate should never be tolerated, as the quote in my earlier post points out, by allowing these intolerant views, children learn it, and so the cycle of hate never ends. There's a fine line between disagreeing responsibly and blindly opposing)..

thats the interesting thing..calling it "hate"..
I read the entire thread just before it was deleted..I was actually typing my replay *as* it was deleted, then when I went to post, it was gone..so I didn't miss a thing in that thread..there was no "hate speech" in it..none..it was simply a Christian attempting to explain his views..no hate, no flame war..but STILL it was deleted, because many people will automatically assume ANY opposing viewpoint from "the right way of thinking" must automatically be "hate" when it isnt..and now, with the thread conveniently deleted, the myth of the "hate speech that had to be destroyed because it was SO hateful that it might harm our children" is allowed to persist..and that whole premise is simply an outright lie..
and now its turned into the teaching of an outright lie, and the teaching of hatred and intolerance toward others, which is actually more evil than the supposed "hate"..which didn't actually exist in this case. political correctness is the greatest evil of our time IMO..it suppresses free thought and polite debate, by automatically shutting down any opposing viewpoints simply by labeling it "hate"..personally, I consider that hateful, bigoted, and hypocritical..the exact thing the political correctness police *claim* to be against..they are in fact the worst offenders..

and..you cant create a thread like this and NOT expect controversy! ;) its kind of like saying "explain how you oppose abortion, or support the "right to choose"..but keep politics and religion out of it!" :0o:

and..if the other thread hadnt been deleted, this thread would have avoided this kind of controversy, because the other thread would have been the outlet for this discussion..so, whoever deleted the other thread, you are the one that "spoiled" this thread..

Scot

Never said anything about hate. Simply said it is not my job to judge others. It is those who cannot have a civil discussion about differences without taking offense that instill hatred into soceity for they cannot realize that there can be more than one "right" answer. Truth is, there is a right answer for everyone, mine is located in the bible. Yours might be somewhere else. We live in a soceity that condemns other peoples views because they differ from their own. This is exemplified in your response saying I preach hate. I do not, nor did I wish to enter your contest. You have inspired me to do my giveaway soon.

Thanks to all the supporters <3

lance: then go be friends with them :) They're just like you, in exactly every way. Who you choose to date/marry in the end is down to who you think has the best moral character and it doesn't matter if your partner is a boy or girl. Here's what the ancient Greek, Plato, had to say about that: http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/symposium.html

Scotty: Because you are Christian-ing all over a civil rights support thread, that is someone other than yours' fault? You made the choice to post here.

dsrtfox: From the sounds of it, you're not reformed, nor are you entering in the contest. Please don't just post hate here.

I think I'll close this thread off end of Monday when I go to bed (9pm or 10pm PST) 5th Sept and tell you guys who got the closest and won.

All posts that were not directly related to the giveaway thread have been moved here.

and..if the other thread hadnt been deleted, this thread would have avoided this kind of controversy, because the other thread would have been the outlet for this discussion..so, whoever deleted the other thread, you are the one that "spoiled" this thread..
This is incorrect. When a thread is moved or deleted by a member of the moderating team that doesn't mean people should feel free to post in other threads only slightly related to the topic.

I am moving this thread back into the general forum but it will remain locked. Terraforums has members from all walks of life and from all over the world and the moderators facilitate this forum to be an inclusive and supportive community. What needs to be clarified is the distinction between the two threads. For starters, the other thread is a give away with a particular criteria. The other parallel is that thread is supporting a particular population whereas this one, regardless of intent, is condemning in nature (even if void of malicious motivation); and that is where the line is drawn.

If anyone has concerns about the moral fiber of a topic/poster then the best response in this forum would be to not participate and report it if it violates site rules. The moderating team is all for healthy debate but topics generated under the premise of discussing how a population's lifestyle is "wrong" will not be tolerated.

Further questions or concerns about this decision can be sent to me via private message.

xvart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back