What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wild S. purpurea and D. rotundifolia (load warning)

pappydew

I hate bugs. Carnivorous plants get me.
Bete Grise Preserve, right off of Lake Superior in the UP of Michigan. Enjoy!:D

IMG_2825.jpg

IMG_2818.jpg

IMG_2817.jpg

IMG_2824.jpg

IMG_2894.jpg

IMG_2816.jpg

IMG_2815.jpg

IMG_2831.jpg

IMG_2837.jpg

IMG_2836.jpg

IMG_2835.jpg

IMG_2834.jpg

IMG_2832.jpg

IMG_2830.jpg

IMG_2829.jpg

IMG_2828.jpg

IMG_2827.jpg

IMG_2839.jpg

IMG_2841.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

More pics of the area

IMG_2878.jpg

IMG_2875.jpg

IMG_2873.jpg

IMG_2892.jpg

IMG_2884.jpg

IMG_2881.jpg

IMG_2876.jpg

IMG_2872.jpg

IMG_2870.jpg

IMG_2865.jpg

IMG_2864.jpg

IMG_2863.jpg

IMG_2862.jpg

IMG_2861.jpg

IMG_2860.jpg

IMG_2854.jpg

IMG_2851.jpg

IMG_2849.jpg

Awesome stuff! I actually didn't know there were large beaches like that on the Great Lakes (I've never been to that part of the country). The pitcher plants in particular are amazing, I love the variation in color.

How do I keep forgetting your in Michigan? When are we gonna kick it?!?!?

Unfortunately my comp is down and I'm having to use my old POS until it get's fixed. So I can't view this page. Had to go through 3 crashes just to post this.

Awesome stuff! I actually didn't know there were large beaches like that on the Great Lakes (I've never been to that part of the country). The pitcher plants in particular are amazing, I love the variation in color.

It was weird to see these HUGE specimens that were almost completely green except the veining, but they were all really shaded. For the most part any that were exposed to the sun and in areas more void of other vegetation they were red.

But yeah there were some plants with differences just own their own leaves.

How do I keep forgetting your in Michigan? When are we gonna kick it?!?!?

Unfortunately my comp is down and I'm having to use my old POS until it get's fixed. So I can't view this page. Had to go through 3 crashes just to post this.

LOL, well I am about 5 hours away just from the bridge. The last time I went downstate was when I was like 5 years old for wedding. I haven't been past Marquette, basically, since I started school up here.

REALLY!! Then I'm coming to you.. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the UP. Probably won't be until next June when the morels are up in your area. ;)

Well, I should be staying for the summer next year :bigthumpup:

Beautiful pictures!!! Thanks for sharing.

Great looking purps! It's funny how much the light affects their coloration.

They grow much better in open conditions, free of pots and with lots of sun.

Back