What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook Revolt?

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Keep this truck moving and show our dislike!!!
─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ▄ ▌ ▐ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▌
─ ─ ─ ▄ ▄ █ █ ▌ █ ░ ♥ ░ change our face book back ░░ ♥░ ░▐
▄ ▄ ▄ ▌ ▐ █ █ ▌ █ ░ ♥ ░ we don't like this look ░░░ ░ ♥░ ░▐
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ ▌ █ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▌
▀ (@) ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ (@)(@) ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ (@) ▀ ▘
to all those who hate this new face book...please repost

What if we feel the entire site should be removed from the face of the Earth?

Last edited:
wheres the "like" button!?

I dont get it..
what is this big huge difference everyone is seeing?
all I see is some new "news feed" in the upper right corner..
I dont really understand what it is for, since it just seems to duplicate the main portion of the site down the middle column..its just another new "feature" on the edges of the page that I can ignore..
other than that, I dont really see anything different..

so what is the "revolt" about? I dont get it..

Scot

facebook, myspace......all hogwash, the only thing they are good for is making gfs mad, creating drama and........... well.......... thats about it.

what's the point? they've been doing this since....forever....what makes you think they'll revert back now? ???

I agree with Jon...they don't listen, or care. They're gonna do whatever they want to stay on whatever imaginary "trendy edge" they're trying to set. I just sit back and take it, I deal with it...cause I'm certainly not about to stop. You get used to it eventually. I just thank my lucky stars every day the gave back the option to hide all posts from pages @_@
But usually there's a loophole. If you go to account settings, and change your language to English (UK), it shows the old newsfeed style. Problem solved.

But usually there's a loophole. If you go to account settings, and change your language to English (UK), it shows the old newsfeed style. Problem solved.

apparently that worked for about 5 minutes earlier today..just long enough for this "fix" to spread across the internet..but now it doesnt work.

Scot

Switch to Google +, group video chat is pretty legit.

...until I hit refresh.
Dammit.

Never said it's a forever thing. That's why I just deal with it >.>

Bleh, Here I thought there would be an actual revolt against the website.

haha

Mines in spanish. I don't know if that's why I haven't noticed anything or the change is just too minor.

What if we feel then entire site should be removed from the face of the Earth?

Here, here . . . Who the hell needs to hear about someone's latest bowel movement or the latest asinine thing to pop into their heads?

Here, here . . . Who the hell needs to hear about someone's latest bowel movement or the latest asinine thing to pop into their heads?

BB, the everlasting optimist :jester:

Seriously... I quit facebook maybe 3ish years ago and I don't regret it. It just *draws* you into sharing too many personal details with whatever scumbag is tilling the bottom of the internet for new botnet targets or identity-theft candidates. Facebook: like making youtube videos and having children - just cuz you can, doesn't mean you should! Information overload from reading every last news ticker will just turn you into a burnout and we'll all turn into a pile of self-licking-popsicle cynical curmudgeons. I can't have a decent conversation with people any more because all they do is quote the latest headlines at me...

There are a good amount of facebook haters on TF! I love it.

:banana2:

Wow. You're complaining about a free service that you're in no way obligated[/I] to use, because the update causes you a mild inconvenience.

I think I've just about seen it all.

Anonymous claims to be taking down facebook on the 5th of November, just a tidbit of interesting trivia.

Hmm... is it just me or is Facebook *mostly* back to its old state?

Hmm... is it just me or is Facebook *mostly* back to its old state?

Which state do you mean? I've been on Facebook since back when it was for college students only, so I've seen a lot of different UI changes.

Back