What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White house petitioning

• Thread starter Sig
  • Start date
wow..did the lunatic fringe really need a direct line to the white house?

Scot

At least the most honest petition doesn't hide under cover of "industrial paper" or "medicine".

How many petition signers will get follow up visits/IP address flags? :lol:

This is awesome. I am going to petition the White House to tell Warren Buffett that if he thinks he is making too much money and wants to pay more taxes that instead he and any other CEO with this problem should cut thier pay and pay thier workers more. Not give it to the goverment to just piss away.

I'm sure someone will remove it though. Can't have free speech in this great country. LOL

This is why the two party system is a failure. They only give you two choices. And usually neither help you. Unacceptable

Last edited:
Can't have free speech in this great country.
Sure you can, you just have to have enough money for your speech to get listened to! :lol:

They've just started responding to them today. I wonder what they'll say to the 6 or 7 legalize marijuana petitions, which collectively have about 300,000 votes...

They want your email address.

Loving the marijuana petitions, I signed all the popular ones. I bet they'll come up with some excuse to disqualify those so they don't have to respond.

A little obsessed about weed aren't we?

Welp. They addressed ALL EIGHT petitions as one and gave the BS answer: "it's evil and we only spend 20 billion a year on it." There goes the chance for this actually doing something... :rolleyes:

Edit: :lol: There's a petition for the person who wrote the response to get fired. I signed it. ;)

I just read the response. REALLY!? They got the !@#$% drug czar to respond to this? A man that is paid to lie about marijuana is against legalization? Shocking. NObama skirts this issue once again.

Obama's not skirting the issue, he said outright "If CA citizens vote to legalize - I'm sending in the clowns." (DEA)

Seems pretty direct to me, legalization or decriminalization is a non-issue for him. I'll admit I'm far more concerned over getting my Social Security and Medicaid than I am legalization.

Just reading all those petitions is pretty disheartening. There are so many problems and all of them so important... The fact that most likely none of them will be realistically answered is heart breaking.

And the responses that were given.. were, well... Just as Dark and shadowy as I would have expected.

Occupy Terraforums.

That is kinda sad.. I see more petitions and signatures for the legalization of marijuana than I do for those who are trying to help out public schools. Amurikuh sure has it's priorities straight.

That is kinda sad.. I see more petitions and signatures for the legalization of marijuana than I do for those who are trying to help out public schools. Amurikuh sure has it's priorities straight.

Think of it this way: The sooner they stop spending that $80 billion to put people in jail, they can spend it on schools...

Also, they've given bs answers to EVERYTHING so far. That's probably why there's a petition called "Actually take these petitions seriously instead of just using them as an excuse to pretend you are listening" which already has 8,000 votes :lol:

Think of it this way: The sooner they stop spending that $80 billion to put people in jail, they can spend it on schools...

Also, they've given bs answers to EVERYTHING so far. That's probably why there's a petition called "Actually take these petitions seriously instead of just using them as an excuse to pretend you are listening" which already has 8,000 votes :lol:

Yeah I saw that one.. and lol'd because I have read the white houses statements on the marijuana petitions. It makes me feel right away on the website that it is basically what they are doing. I have a problem with a lot of things going on in the world today lol.. there are way to many people in prison and jail that should not be there, but that, to me, is less important than the potential futures of my generations children, and their children. They ARE jailed because they knew the rules and broke them, so it's their own fault. I see it this way.. crappy schooling -> crappy learning; statistics do show that kids who grow up in poorer neighborhoods with crappy schools are more likely to end up in jail or prison.

Yeah I saw that one.. and lol'd because I have read the white houses statements on the marijuana petitions. It makes me feel right away on the website that it is basically what they are doing. I have a problem with a lot of things going on in the world today lol.. there are way to many people in prison and jail that should not be there, but that, to me, is less important than the potential futures of my generations children, and their children. They ARE jailed because they knew the rules and broke them, so it's their own fault. I see it this way.. crappy schooling -> crappy learning; statistics do show that kids who grow up in poorer neighborhoods with crappy schools are more likely to end up in jail or prison.

Like SIG said, instead of wasting hundreds of millions arresting non violent kids who just want to have a good time, spend that money on education. Arresting kids ruins their future. I'm all for education. People will learn about marijuana and how gov't has been lying to us all these years in the interests of lining thier pockets with lobbyist bribery.

Back