What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NECPS Show this weekend!

schloaty

Staff member
Hey Guys,

Who's going from the forum?

Is anyone going for the first time this year?

I CAN'T FREAKING WAIT!!!!

Wish I could go. Too far of a drive for me. Maybe one of these years though. I'd love to see it!

Someone please take lots of pics.

Why did I have to start liking CPs *after* I moved away from VT? :cry: I'll be in VT the 22-31 Dec though if anyone is close to meetup for cpchat :p

dern it I would go if it werent to far from NYC

I will be there!

2nd-timer!

dern it I would go if it werent to far from NYC

Hey, I'm in Westchester....I just got myself a hotel for two nights - mostly because I have display items, and the drive would be a bit much to do BOTH days, lol.

But it's a do-able drive for a day! Only 3 - 3/12 hours each way! Come on, man!

was planning on going but may actually have to miss it...

was planning on going but may actually have to miss it...

You are in New Haven, and may have to miss it....UNFORGIVEABLE! :rant:

Kahnli - You're kidding, right?

This is the first time since the inception of the NECPS I'll miss the show, but I am sending some VERY nice things up with Schloaty for the NECPS Sales Table and for the "NECPS members only" back room silent auction including:

S. flava coppertop (3)
S. purpurea heterophylla (all green) divisions from my seed grown plant
S. judith hindle
Cephalotus hummer's giant
S. leucophylla
S. purpurea Connecticut form (divisions from my seed grown plant)
a heli, but not sure which one yet
D. binatas
VFT B-52s
S. flava
and more

For all those who CAN make it's a fantastic time, and well worth it.

For those who have not heard... next year the NECPS is hosting The International Carnivorous Plant Society meeting so start making your plans now.

I know it is just silly but... I'd have to take the train up and that's not so bad but once in Providence I'd end up at twenty different restaurants after the show and spending way too much money. Being a chef the show is usually out of the question all together it just happens that I'm free this year and can't seem to convince myself to go. I think 2006 was the last show I went to (I believed I promised Schloaty a fresh sea urchin dish) and it was a wonderful time. I will most assuredly be up for the ICPS meeting next year but I think I really want to focus time and money this autumn on the community greenhouses and conservatory here in New Haven. But who knows.... I may make it after all.

Back