What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Friendly squirrel

• Thread starter gill_za
  • Start date
Well I was careful and like a real gentleman let my significant other pet it first. JK! Don't worry fellow CPers, I don't usually go petting and hand-feeding squirrels regularly. This was one time only event. And now being thoroughly spooked by your replies, I see the error of my ways and will avoid these evil critters at all cost!

When I was driving through central Oregon last year I went to a cave that had some friendly Golden-mantled Ground Squirrels. I actually had a bit of fun feeding them Cheez-its and patting them on the head. Feeding the squirrels in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco is also really amusing. I don't really think there is much danger from squirrels in North America, besides prairie dogs (whose fleas can carry the plague). I've caught plenty of moles and nearly caught a possum last year too, and I'm still alive...

Interesting article, looks like squirrels are much safer than I thought!

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

What about his nuts? :scratch:
Lols:-))

OMG! I can already picture an army of bipedal evil squirrel overlords uplifted and united in taking the last food out of our hands! World hunger, World War III, humans are enslaved and are under the heel of an evil master squirrel race!

LOL! I for one will NEVER bow down to our squirrel overlords! :-))

When I was driving through central Oregon last year I went to a cave that had some friendly Golden-mantled Ground Squirrels. I actually had a bit of fun feeding them Cheez-its and patting them on the head. Feeding the squirrels in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco is also really amusing. I don't really think there is much danger from squirrels in North America, besides prairie dogs (whose fleas can carry the plague). I've caught plenty of moles and nearly caught a possum last year too, and I'm still alive...

You can get bubonic plague from the chipmunks in the Sierras too... :eek:

Back