What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chrome Issues?

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I am having Facebook issues, among them being that I can no longer see the messages. The only thing I changed is that I updated Adobe so that Words With Friends would work faster / Shockwave Flash wouldn't crash. I unisntalled I just insatlled and the messages still won't appear. I posted my issue on the Help page and got this response:

"Hi,

Thank you for submitting this bug report and taking time to help us improve the site. Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to every bug report individually, but we are reading them.

For more information about issues currently affecting the site, please visit the Facebook Known Issues Page at https://www.facebook.com/KnownIssues. We appreciate your patience and feedback as we work to improve your Facebook experience.

Thanks,
The Facebook Team"

Adblock doesn't seem to be the issue, since I've tried disabling features, one by one and nothing changes. Oddly enough, the messages do appear when I tried using Internet Explorer. So it's something to do with Google Chrome.... I think.

And now, Chrome won't open my discussion forums. Sadly, IE does. I don't get it!

And now, Chrome won't open my discussion forums. Sadly, IE does. I don't get it!

I'm not on Facebook, so I cannot give you any special advice, but in general I would do these three tests first:

1. Reboot the PC.
Problem gone or still there?

2. Are you automatically "Logged in" into the site when you visit it in your browser?
If yes, then log out and manually log in again.

3. If problem still there, log out again, then delete all "cookies" from the affected website.

You can delete cookies from a certain website in Chrome while clicking the wrench icon at top right "Tools - Options - Content settings - Cookies - Show cookies and other site data"
Then select the Facebook site and delete cookies. Then log in again.

Good luck!

After doing all that jesse suggested, try going to the wrench -> tools -> extensions and disabling them one by one. You can re-enable them after you're done there.

Back