What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. hamata (Gunung Katopassa) ~sg~ germination date: 04.16.09 (2100 meter site)

P1000887.jpg

P1000888.jpg

H. ionasii probably one of my fastest helis

P1000890.jpg

H. heterodoxa x minor forming some roots, hopefully it will speed up in growth soon

P1000891.jpg

D. peltata had a huge growth spurt after feeding it

P1000893.jpg

H. "tequila" is about to flower!!!

P1000896.jpg

Hooray for roots!

H. pulchella

P1000899.jpg

N. villosa for Mark

P1000900.jpg

P1000902.jpg

Wow that's a relatively monster villosa! Nice plants, I dig it.

Thanks dex! I was really lucky to find one.

Burb x eddie...
P1000903.jpg

P1000904.jpg

TC N. hamata clone 1

P1000905.jpg

Lookin Great!!! Love your setup!

Thanks tj!

Are you sure that's a villosa? Looks a lot more like a macrophylla to me due to the size of the teeth and the large lid

Yes, its villosa. I got it from a legitimate grower who has been growing neps for years, I trust him. Plus it has different coloration from macro, keep in mind that they are closely related.

You may want to have the person you got it from double check their source. It looks like the BE N. macrophylla seedlings not N. villosa

This is the BE N. villosa
NvilBE.jpg

for reference.. the BE N. macrophylla (slightly larger than your plant)
notice though the much more pronounced wide green wings like your plant vs the N. villosa as well as the shape.. fatter tubbier..
MacBE1.jpg

The leaf shape is different too.. N. macrophylla has much more oval shaped leaves

umm.. ok, will contact him.

oh and the other thing which is hard to make out in since I don't have many photos handy.. N. villosa tendril is much much longer and covered in brown fuzz

um... ok, I will contact the guy.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

oops, double post. My bad

ugh, this better be villosa.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

I got the plant from redflytrap, he said "My Nepenthes villosa is from Borneo Exotics: BE-3225"

eh what's redflytrap? and did this person get it from BE directly? or from another source?

Redflytrap is the member... Im not sure how he got it but I sent him a message.

Man... that sux.... either way its very beautifull!!!

But this really messes everything up for me.

Back