What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird... I liked some of these plants and they weren't Nepenthes... :scratch:

I like the N. x 'Sabre'

Lovely! That D. schizandra is great, and I love the N. 'Sabre' :)

Thanks everyone :)

N. argentii arrived in the mail today. One of it's pitchers.

f3ac515f.jpg

Last edited:
congrats on the new arrival :D

look at that lil thing! congrats!

Wow! That is one of the nicest N. argentii's I've seen right from the box. Great addition there :)

Wow! That is one of the nicest N. argentii's I've seen right from the box. Great addition there :)

Thanks buddy! It was supposed to be 1" in diameter but it turned to out to be over 2"! :D

Thanks to all the other comments as well.

Nice! Is your collection complete now? ;)

Still need an eddie and a couple other things :p

Nice robust argentii there Heli. Now the challenge is to keep it healthy & growing well .... :0o:

Schizzie looks happy - keep up the good work!

Thanks Ron! I'm up to the challenge :p. Btw, it is potted in lfs/perlite/charcoal/bark with lfs top dressing for anchoring its tendrils. It is also getting UHL conditions, 85%+ humidity and lots of wind :p.

Thanks Ron! I'm up to the challenge :p. Btw, it is potted in lfs/perlite/charcoal/bark with lfs top dressing for anchoring its tendrils. It is also getting UHL conditions, 85%+ humidity and lots of wind :p.

Not sure that flatulence is a requirement of that particularly species, Luca.

Great looking plant!

Thanks, farting on my argentii may become a bit difficult but I'm sure with a steady diet of beans I will be able to produce the proper amount of wind. But on a serious note, argentii comes from wind swept mountains so I'm sure it would enjoy a lot of air movement, something that can be done with my fans :).

Thanks, farting on my argentii may become a bit difficult but I'm sure with a steady diet of beans I will be able to produce the proper amount of wind. But on a serious note, argentii comes from wind swept mountains so I'm sure it would enjoy a lot of air movement, something that can be done with my fans :).

haha just kidding, of course.. I wonder if the strong winds are simply an indication that it prefers to bury its pitchers and grow in lower humidity?

It is now 2" in diameter, probably 2.5-3" when the newest leaf unfurls.
5f590645.jpg

Thanks! That is S. x "Leah Wilkerson"

Nepenthes villosa popped open a new pitcher yesterday (the one in the back)
aab98c4f.jpg

Forgot this..... Argentii moved!
25a9e578.jpg

Back