What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Miracle Fruit Unboxing + Info

• Thread starter Doomsday
  • Start date
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TkiaqM9HK54" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
I had heard about this plant. after a quick search I couldn't find any info on the environmental conditions it needs, though.

The main thing it needs is acidic soil. Peat and perlite is best which is extremely convenient considering I have that for my cp's already lol.
Other than that it can't get too cold because it grows year round and is tropical. I'll be doing updates of it when it starts to grow under my t5 lights in my basement... It might get cold down there, so I might move it upstairs near a radiator this winter, but the little light fixture I have on my second shelf is gonna be following it wherever it goes lol!

Ah, you are growing it inside! I definitely don't have the lights for it! Best of luck and keep us updated, it will be a neat plant!

Ah, you are growing it inside! I definitely don't have the lights for it! Best of luck and keep us updated, it will be a neat plant!

Yea its growing inside at least for the cold months probably mid september-mid -may ill see if it likes it outside but im notrisking animals or bugs eating my berries when they come!

If its as prolific a bearer as they say it is when it is happy, I might do some berry trades and maybe even a couple giveaways on here. Have been wanting to do a giveaway for a while but my plants are too tiny still and I don't have multiples of many. These would make for a fun giveaway if all the participants who win would post their experience!

I have read about this plant before, and wanted one. I would have nowhere to grow it though. :(

I've been growing one a bit over a year, its just getting to the 1 foot point. So far its only been under 2 T5 lights and its doing ok. Originally I planned to bonsai it, but its growing at such a slow rate I should have a much larger grow space setup before it outgrows its current one.

I'm watering it less and less the longer I have it, from what I've read and what I "feel" it wants are no where near each other. It seems very easy to keep alive, now I haven't found its prefered conditions but I'm getting closer.

When I repot it I will be using a much more airy medium than peat/perlite.

There are a few other TFers that have one also.

I want to get one soon! It seems like a really good plant to experiment with... But from what I've heard the berries only have a shelf life of 2-3 days so I'm not sure how well a trade or giveaway would go lol. I may have heard wrong though.
Anyway, good luck growing it :)

Glad it arrived okay! though actually, the super acidic soil thing is a myth. If you got that from the instructables, it's total BS. If you haven't found it yet, miracletaste.com has some good growing guides, search "arjibuh"'s posts and you'll find a ton of info.

Good luck, happy growing!

Back