What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

weekend of hunting....one dead critters pic, mostly scenic, few live critters

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
i warned yah, if yah dont like dead animal pics dont complain....

didnt shoot anything, shot at a few 'yotes, but saw some pretty country.....

IMG_7944.jpg

IMG_7945.jpg

IMG_7946.jpg

thought this was a cool pic
IMG_7950.jpg

IMG_7953.jpg

IMG_7959.jpg

IMG_7965.jpg

IMG_7968.jpg

IMG_7969.jpg

IMG_7973.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

IMG_7974.jpg

IMG_7990.jpg

IMG_7991.jpg

was down at the bottom of Bone Trail so the gals could use the bathroom and just cause i like driving down there...a group had these guys hangign up on the meat pole....Jake knew he wasnt supposed to get to close to them but wanted to check them out so he got as close as he dared and went on point i guess figuring he wouldnt get in trouble if he was just showing them to me....
IMG_7995.jpg

IMG_8022.jpg

IMG_8028.jpg

ran across these guys, no tags for them though
IMG_8035.jpg

IMG_8042.jpg

immature bald eagle
IMG_8043.jpg

taken 20 minutes after the bald eagle pic
IMG_8074.jpg

Beautiful! Your dog looks really happy.

Seeing butt tons of deer right now. The hunters are scaring them out of the woods.

Jake just loves being out....he didnt seem to care that i managed to forget my shotgun(daughter was playing in the divisional volleyball tourny 50 miles down the road and we were in a hurry to pack the truck and still make the game) and he didnt get to do any hunting....in the 3 days he prolly ran 40 miles or better just cause he wanted to run....

Beautiful country... looks like you had a good time.

Nice alpine country...have any mountain quail where you live?

alpine? its about 2000 feet.....im out on the flats of Montana, mountains are a solid 8 hour drive straight west, 6 hours to the southwest.....

no quail just turkeys, pheasants, sharptail grouse, sage grouse and hungarian partridge as far as upland birds.....

LOL The deer/dog pic made me laugh.. "Look Dad, Deer! Do ya see em? Huh Huh? LOOK"

I love this part of the country! Reminiscent of South Dakota in a way. There's something about miles of nothingness that I find calming. It makes the lakes and ponds that much more interesting, too. Are those elk?

yep elk....cows calves, farthest to the right is a spike bull......area we hunt is special draw for elk, its more or less managed as a trophy unit, prolly 30 bull tags and 200 cow tags for an area the size of Rhode Island, there are some monster bulls in the area......so far my family has only pulled cow tags for the area but we see lots of elk, when looking for mule deer ive been with in a stones throw of some huge bulls....

my daughter(on the right) found this 4 years ago.....2 years ago when she had a cow tag we were close enough to a bull that was carrying headgear that makes this shed look tiny that we could have dropped a rock on its head, no need for a gun.....always fun seeing wild critters up close, even cooler when they have no clue your there....

IMG_0258.jpg

That's a huge antler! The most memorable close encounter I've ever had with a wild animal was a barracuda in Mexico. It knew I was there before I did. It was awesome!

Back