What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"in situ" of the month

Heli

villosaholic
I had the idea of doing an "in situ" of the month contest because all of the contests we have so far are of cultivated plants. To make up for the time in winter when a lot of plants aren't growing we could make it so that it doesnt matter how old the picture you submit is, as long as you took the picture. I also thought that in order to prove that you took the picture you have to tell you when you took the picture and where you took it (county, state, country). I would put a poll for yes or no but I dont know if there is one so leave any questions comments, or concerns that you have and let me know if you think it is a good idea.

i think "in situ" of the month, is a fun idea, but in essence, it is entirely different from the foundation for the previous "blankety blanks" of the month. the idea behind those, is for owners to have an opportunity to showcase their plants---the idea behind it is simple, show off how good you are at growing your plants.

"in situ" of the month is more of a photography contest if anything else, doesnt showcase a person's cultivation skills, but it does showcase an artistic eye. while i like the idea, there are way too many "blankety blanks" of the month already, it could get lost in the background.

Thats true, I might start it up this month to see how it goes, if it gets "lost" I can just stop it.

what amp said
that and not that many of us go on field-trips, so there would probably be like 2 or 3 same people that would enter each month
good idea tho

if you see how plants grow in the wild you might grow yours better

yeah do a trial run and see how it goes

Thanks for the input guys. I will post up a trial contest to see what happens.

I could stand a chance of winning this one!

lets see some pics then! :grin:

i have some pics of S. flava from Green Swamp Nature Preserve that i took this summer. also some crappy pics of some flowers that i'm pretty sure were bladderworts. how exactly do you post pics? i'm a noob, so i don't know these things.

Back