What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

of grandkids, and ponies and memories, oh my

chibae

An orchid fancier with a CP problem
Many years ago when I was spending more time on horseback than not my friend purchased an unbroken 18 month old colt. as time went by Iceman, as we called him, was broke to saddle and became the primary mount of my daughter. Time marched on and due to some bad times my friend was forced to sell iceman at a time I wasn't in the position to buy him.

Fast forward ten years. My daughter is now married with a baby of her own. Two weeks before Liam's first birthday I said I was getting him a pony. Not a week later my friend calls me up to say that she has located Iceman and has bought him back.

_B121348.jpg

_B121448.jpg

So today we went out to the barn and had a grand old time. Liam got the first taste of what will be many, many years of riding ahead of him, Jaime got to ride her old friend again, and they both stopped to play with Finn, the irish wolfhound.

_B121469.jpg

Even I hoped on, for a brief ride.
_B121393.jpg

That's awesome Chib....RIDE THE CRAP OUTA THAT THING! :lol:

Wow is that dog gigantic or is your daughter pretty short?

Wow is that dog gigantic or is your daughter pretty short?

Both, Finn stands over 36" high at the shoulder, obviously taller at the top of his head. jaime is bending over slightly and stands only 61" tall.

Wolfhound!!! I love those dogs, such a sweet temperament. Amazing luck finding Iceman again. What kind of pony is he, he's so furry.

He's an icelandic cross..other than that we don't know. She also has a 13 week old wolfhound puppy, but she was in her crate..not quite ready to be out with the horses yet.

awwww... so cute!

What a wonderful story, so glad you were reunited with your old friend. :-D Kids and horses, a wonderful combinaton. Thank you for sharing

I sure miss my old pony.

Awww, how great! :')

Back