What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dexenthes

Aristoloingulamata
So as I'm sure most of you have noticed, this forum has had numerous giveaways recently, the number and quality of which I am very impressed!

There have been Nepenthes, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, and even Eden Black seeds given away all within the last couple months. Wow! Truly our hobby is blessed with awesome and generous people and I feel proud to say that I have engaged in a giveaway or two in my day, and also I am thankful to all those that have given plants to me or anyone else on this forum.

Today I was most surprised when this spirit of giving hit me square in the face in real life, with out the use of this forum. Living in quasi-remote Alaska, I really do not expect to meet other growers very often or at all. Well, I wandered into our one and only grow shop today in search of lights for my Nepenthes. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the shop owner had a couple CP's and even more pleasantly surprised when he insisted that I take one free of charge and without purchasing anything!

So here it is a free Nepenthes sanguinea! I never really wanted this species but seeing it in person and being offered it for free, I could not resist. :boogie::banana2::-O

Carnivorous plant growers are awesome.

DSCN6436.jpg

DSCN6437.jpg

(I am going to buy lights from this guy) :D

That is a very beautiful nepenthes Dex:)! Congrats!

Looks great! I hear a lot of people knocking sanguinea, but I really like mine.

Looks great! I hear a lot of people knocking sanguinea, but I really like mine.

Yeah I mean it doesn't necessarily light my fire, but I certainly appreciate its form and color. I think mine is gorgeous. :-D

awesome!

That's a nice sanguinea! And for free, can't beat that.

Wow, that's pretty great!

Back