What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mike, all of your plants look amazing. However, I would recommend you put your burbidgeae in something a little more airy - looks like you may have a bit too much sphagnum in there.

Actually all my plants are in the same mix, some just have a topdressing of dead LFS which will soon be replaced by live LFS

Beautiful plants Mike!

Mike, considering you grow so many orchids, do you fertilize your neps with orchid ferts?

Yes, some times. I ususally folar feed with orchid food and have begun to use maxsea once a month, and I have definently noticed an increase in growth after starting.

Update!

Well the terrarium was a horrible failure, it either held absolutely NO humidity or turned into a sauna so I'm setting up my original mini lowes greenhouses with a few new additions to make it alot better. The biggest diffrence is automatic misting system which should really help with humidity as well as second shelf lighting which is where I will probably grow sundews and little nepenthes. I know it looks a little barren right now but I'm getting more plants in so the other greenhouse should have some more stuff in it soon. Here are some pics (sorry for the crappy quality)...
100_3871.jpg

100_3872.jpg

One of just the nepenthes shelf...
100_3874.jpg

and some new additions!!!! Thanks so much Tony!
100_3870.jpg

lowii x truncata WP
100_3869.jpg

Burkei
I'll post more pics as new plants arrive

Ooo purdy burkei. :-D

Looks great Mike!

Nice burkei! I cannot wait for mine to get larger.

My new veitchii K arrived today!!!!:boogie: Too bad all the pitchers are brown
100_3881.jpg

One of the larger old pitchers
100_3882.jpg

and a developing pitcher
100_3884.jpg

To bad the pitchers are brown, but the plant looks good! Cant wait to see it put out new pitchers!

Looks like a really strong plant IMO. I'm sure it'll take right off in your more than capable hands.

Nice plant Mike!

Back