What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pic of the Day

Since nobody looks at my GH thread anymore I'll just stick these here.

IMG_9548.jpg

IMG_9547.jpg

IMG_9557.jpg

IMG_9559.jpg

IMG_9538.jpg

mass, you have ants in yer plants!!!

A photo I took today:
spath-bosch0109-1-2.jpg

Why thank you. :blush:

haha.. That I do Paul.. that I do.
What is that GORGEOUS thing I see there?

You talkin' bout me, or the Nepenthes in the photo? :-O
The photo depicts one of two clones of N. spathulata x boschiana I have; a new pitcher just opened a couple days ago. This one is a rooted cutting I got from Jeremiah. In strong light (of which there is little these days) the peristome turns deep solid red. Pitchers have a very "boxy" (square) quality to them that I like a lot. It always throws a nice curlicue in the tendril as well :)

You talkin' bout me, or the Nepenthes in the photo? :-O
The photo depicts one of two clones of N. spathulata x boschiana I have; a new pitcher just opened a couple days ago. This one is a rooted cutting I got from Jeremiah. In strong light (of which there is little these days) the peristome turns deep solid red. Pitchers have a very "boxy" (square) quality to them that I like a lot. It always throws a nice curlicue in the tendril as well :)

haha.. was talking about both actually. :lol:

Can't help it. I'm jealous of the beard. Maybe 20 years from now mine will be that long.. Then again I shave mine every spring when the snow melts.

I still like your GH thread, Mass. That albomarginata is awesome!

I still like your GH thread, Mass. That albomarginata is awesome!

Wish I got the same comments there that I get here. :down: I can't breath without everyone's comments. Tis' my life force..

Mass,
Cool ant pics & gotta love the clarity on the Ceph hairs. :hail:
my second, "will not open till christmas" present.
U. jamesoniana
Should make for an interesting Christmas (or near Christmas) present. Practice your deep depth-of-field macros (or stacking) so you can get some great detail in those flower pics (Congratulations on the imminent blooms btw)

Mass, your albo is gorgeous. What type is that?

I wish I could grow the lowlanders, like albomarginata, but I'm unwilling to set up a separate grow space for em. Ah well, I'll stick with the highlanders and intermediates.

Here's an alternative "derriere" shot of the spathulata x boschiana I posted earlier.

spath-bosch158-1-2.jpg

Keep 'em coming!

Travis: king of swollen peristomes.

Awesome pics travis! love the ones of the ants.. and the albo, SO PRETTTYY!

Back