What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pic of the Day

Extension tubes. These guys, in fact. I was surprised to see their reviews for the price... usually with photography, you get what you pay for. Granted, with them, I'll lose autofocus (which I never use anyway) and aperture, but I'll live. I think there's some kind of trick, like you can set the aperture, hold a button, and take the lens off and it locks your aperture setting in, lol. I'unno. I'm already getting them for Christmas, I'm just going to have to practice my willpower to not beg my wife to have 'em early, haha. Thanks, though.

I call this one.. "Regia Rose". Note the dew on the upper left hand end. Looks like a little rose inside each one to me.

Indeed, it does look like it has a rose inside the droplets of dew. That's awesome. :) well done.

Today's decision was tough, but I think I have to go with:

(Click for full size)

Love it Kyle. Calender material..

Although not from today, this plant amazes me with how many flowers it produces. I've seen pics of others growing this wonderful little weed but it's just hard to believe how many flowers it can put out. My U. livida produces a lot also --- but nothing like this....
Usandersoniiwhiteflowers102011RS.jpg

U. sandersonii "white" (notice how thin the bunny ears are - the blue version has wider ears)

Here's today's pic as the plant sits in the tank...

DSC_06150010.jpg

D. graniticola taken 11/18/2011

Awesome pic kulamauiman :D

Sweet pics everybody. It really makes me long for a better camera. But this is the best macro my little point and shoot can do:

U. tricolor or sandersonii traps.

DSCN6444.jpg

This was that one pic that jumped out at me today. Just a good ol' purple clone of a typical ceph.

IMG_8834.jpg

Awesome photo trav. You're gettin the hang of this photography thing. ;)

More experimenting with lighting today, mostly just trying out different colors. Tonight's is one for the ladies. ;p

(Click for full size)

My photo stacking attempt didn't work. I'll have it down by tomorrow.. but in the meantime I liked this D. prolifera pic.

IMG_8930.jpg

U. nelumbifolia taken today 11/20/2011

DSC_06560001.jpg

wow. Now that is an amazing pic Mach. :hail:

Wow, great pics everyone!

This was my favorite from today.
305491_2382472314131_1020392669_2597298_328579920_n.jpg

OMG so many awesome pics! :drool:

I really like the contrast between the peristome and body of those Cephalotus. That's pretty cool.

WOW! Gorgeous ceph? Where'd you get it?

Back