What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Visited a local bog

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos
I went to the local Flatwoods park here in Florida. I hiked along a bike trail until I spotted a marshy field nearby.

Unfortunately, I only saw two CPs: D. Capillaris and U. Subulata. I'm told the park also has Pinguicula and Sarracenia minor, but I didn't see any of those. I'll be going again in the spring and will hopefully find more.

parking.jpg

field.jpg

Flower.jpg

Capilaris.jpg

Subulata.jpg

Nice! The little 'dew on the second last pic looks more like D. brevifolia to me.

Cool, I've always find forests in the four seasons countries more....tidier in some sense. I mean, it looks like you can just take a 'walk in a park' through those woods compared to tropical rainforests here.

I can't wait till spring to see those other CPs you mentioned! :)

Nice! The little 'dew on the second last pic looks more like D. brevifolia to me.

I was thinking that too. It's very small and the leaves are more wedge-shaped. If that's the case, that's the only Drosera I saw. No capillaris.

I did visit this park in November so I guess most of the annual species died off.

What county is it in? I can look at the distribution maps and see what Sarracenia are there. It looks like it's in good shape.

There should be S. minor, D. capillaris, D. intermedia, U. subulata, U. cornuta, U. gibba, U. inflata, U. juncea, U. purpurea, U. resupinata, and U. simulans. If you did find D. brevifolia it's a county record.

There should be S. minor, D. capillaris, D. intermedia, U. subulata, U. cornuta, U. gibba, U. inflata, U. juncea, U. purpurea, U. resupinata, and U. simulans. If you did find D. brevifolia it's a county record.

How about Pinguiculas?

Back