What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which kind(s) of cp do YOU hate?

I don't hate any CPs... but I dislike mutant VFTs, such as fondue, wacky traps etc.

I also cant stand the man-made mutant VFT's..poor sad freaks of nature..they shouldn't exist.
it would make me happy if each time someone discovered one, they destroyed it so that it wouldn't spread..

I cant stand made-made mutant *anything*..bull dogs, persian cats, parrot cichlids, etc..
their deformities cause them pain and suffering, and they are created just for the sake of human amusement.. if a VFT cant catch a bug, what is the point of its existence?

Apart from that, im not a huge fan of pings..grew one once..dont have any currently, and probably will never own another..they just dont do anything for me..

Scot

i dont like drosera adelae. i just dont like it

other types i just dont care for. non aquatic bladderworts, most butterworts and like many others have said: those stupid mutated flytraps

What I meant is that people should be able to express an opinion about which neps they like or dislike (love or hate). ... I think you would agree that there needs to be a level of understanding among members that others may have different opinions.

My comment was more directed as a shotgun blast over all rather than a rifle shot at one.

I understand your intent and I agree that members should be able to express their opinions on likes and dislikes... I am all for people having friendly discussions about their likes and dislikes as long as they keep it civil. But... It almost always happens that when the discussion become less than friendly and the Mods are forced to censure the thread that people inevitably, play the "Freedom of Speech" card and people start to cry foul about suppression and the thread is well and thoroughly lost. I just wanted to cover why it is necessary and right for the Mods to edit and what brings it about. Generally we do not like acting. But we like it even less when we get lambasted for it.

And back on topic of what plants I do not like... Any Drosera that falls under the term "green rosettey thing"

I think I'm also going to have to add the poor, retarded, and mutated VFTs. Just seems too Dr. Moreau for me.

My offer still stands.. If any of you happen to come across a mutant deformed hideous freak of nature in your collection be it from seed or a cloning mutation or a trade throw in, and you don't love it, I'd be glad to take it off your hands for you and give it a caring home. Can be any type of cp :)

LOL ive seen that movie. good reference :-D

LL neps. They're so cool and I can't grow them. Which of course makes me hate (want) them even more. Might as well through helis in here for the same reason.

My offer still stands.. If any of you happen to come across a mutant deformed hideous freak of nature in your collection be it from seed or a cloning mutation or a trade throw in, and you don't love it, I'd be glad to take it off your hands for you and give it a caring home. Can be any type of cp :)

I'll definitely keep you in mind, Doom.

Don't believe there are any I outright hate ... at least none come to mind ... but I do strongly dislike the mutated vfts.

Hate is too strong of a word to use but I'm not happy when I've killed plants that I learn by negative experience that I struggle to keep alive for more than half a year: Helis, Drosophyllum, and P. medusina.

UUUMMM.... is this a joke? did i read the thread title correctly?!?!? HATE A CP!?!?!?! WHY WOULD I EVER HATE A CP?!?!?!?!? i love all plants even those which aren't carnivorous. even those who take over my garden and crowd out the gourd vines. even those plants whose flower smells like a rotting corpse. but i do have a special place in my heart for those plants whom have evolved the ability to capture and eat animals for their nutrients. sarrs, neps, pings, urtics, dews, cephs, helis, cobras, i love em all. i suppose i somewhat dislike those plants which are too difficult for me to grow, but i don't HATE them...

The only ones I would hate would be those hard to grow...but the hard to grow ones like N. villosa are the most beautiful of all...so why hate em?

Ones that don't like the conditions I grow them in.

I don't hate, but I don't seem to have the intense longing or appreciation for the plants that many just seem to obsess over: such as any Cephs, D. regia, etc. The exception may be the P. cyclosecta.

Can't say I hate any, but VFTs do very little for me. They're a bit of a one-trick pony, and look messy. The exceptions are the dark, rosetted ones - they're kinda pretty. Sarrs get me a little more excited, but only slightly. Perhaps if I had better outdoor space I could get more excited for them.

I absolutely HATE my job but not my plants! LOL

I'm disappointed when I can't succeed at growing the ones I'd like to but I simply don't grow those types who need dormancy or ones I've been failures at more than a couple times. No sense to keep killing them over and over again.

almost forgot.. S. minor

Not that this is the fault of the plants, but I hate seeing the nepenthes at my local nursery. For some reason they receive almost all lowlanders and they all look terrible and wilted. The soil they're in is almost entirely peat, too. Sorta grosses me out.

As a rule nurseries don't understand how to care for Nepenthes, CPs and orchids and will not pay attention when you try to tell them how to care for them properly. If you wanna get them there buy them as soon as they come in, before they have a chance to wreck the plants.

Back