What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which kind(s) of cp do you OBSESS over?

I think toilet bowls are really cute.. now to figure out how to get them to stay this size:

IMG_9107.jpg

Maybe I'm just weird, but I think the toilet bowl neps look cooler than the ones with skinny pitchers. I guess it's because they look like they should be catching things like birds and rodents rather than puny little insects. Probably the same reason why I really like Sarracenia 'Leah Wilkerson' - that thing looks like it should be catching hummingbirds.

If I had to grow only one carnivorous plant, I would grow Cephalotus. It's compact so you can fit it about anywhere (unlike a Nepenthes or Sarracenia), is tolerant of a wide range of conditions, is a pitcher plant (pitcher plants are my personal favorite), and most importantly: it looks carnivorous. Unlike a Pinguicula or Heliamphora, a Cephalotus looks like a carnivorous plant from an alien world.

If you had to name your plants, Audrey Junior would be the perfect name for a Cephalotus.

Nepenthes, Droseras and Cephalotus for me all the way! I mostly prefer all the nepenthes, but sometimes I just dislike the fact that some species/hybrids look almost the same in general. It's a pain in the :censor:

As for drosera, red is my obsession :-O

And as for cephs, I like all the forms though I do think they are rather boring at a small age :blush:

Man this is hard...I like'em all! But I have to say Utrics and Drosera are my main obsession right now:grin:

Well, Heliamphora sp. Akopan (what did it get renamed to?) would be the only Heli I'd grow because I love Nepenthes campanulata. The toothy ones are a nice novelty to me.. but at the end of the day nothing beats a well grown jacquelinae :grin: Nep hamiguitanensis is a new obsession this year for me to and I hope mine turns out well! As for other genuses...

I do love me a well-grown Cephalotus but mine keep catching mealies so that may be soon changing haha, but I'm really getting into petiolaris dews at the moment. I would love to have a derbyensis or broomensis one of these days, and Pinguicula kondoi just has the nicest blooms!

And I guess when I see a well grown vft or cobra I go all :drool: but I know I wouldn't actually grow them that well so I abstain..

I'm currently in a Nep phase, particularly the ones with toothy or striped peristome. But I also think Drosera derbyensis is one of the most magical-looking plants I've ever seen and hope to grow it someday. I'm also developing an increased fondness for Helis, and would like to have Cephs in every room of the house so I can see their adorable, toothy smile wherever I go.

I will always be a flytrap person. I love love LOVE them all. The shape, the color, everything!

There are two nepenthes that will win me over a flytrap any day though.. truncata and rajah. I compare every nepenthes to them.

Uuggghh.. I am going crazy right now thinking of DAT LID on rajah... drives me crazy!

Right now, I'm kinda obsessed with byblis and a lot of Drosera species. Can't stop thinking about them, haha.

Drosera...Pings...I LOVE MY DEW!

Favorite time of the year is Spring when all of my Sarracenia are waking up. I love when they are all sending up pitchers.

Back