What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My little home made grow cabinet!

tje25

Plant Addict!!
My first couple of plants are supposed to arrive tomorrow. (Keeping my fingers crossed) So I decided to throw this little grow cab together untill i can build a decent plant rack. It should do alright for now.

DSC02950.jpg

I cobbled together the light out of 4 seperate black lights, All but one came on but I think three will be fine.

DSC02951.jpg

The humidifier had been running practicly all day, at least its not at 35% which is where it started today.

DSC02952.jpg

Also there is an exauhst fan running in the top above the light to keep the heat in check, and a computer fan for an intake that I can plug in if needed.

Once your plants come and there is moist soil in that cabinet then the humidity will rise also if the wood is pussboard and not true wood u should probly line the inside with plastic or atleast the bottom. You will be amazed how fast puss board expands and deteriorates with a system like u have

Once your plants come and there is moist soil in that cabinet then the humidity will rise also if the wood is pussboard and not true wood u should probly line the inside with plastic or atleast the bottom. You will be amazed how fast puss board expands and deteriorates with a system like u have

Thanks, I was getting ready to take this cabinet to the curb, and this is only temperary. So I'm not worryied about it. Again thanks for your input. I really appreciate it!

A grow cabinet with closing doors, perfect for growing another kind of plant ;)

A grow cabinet with closing doors, perfect for growing another kind of plant ;)

hahaha shhhh;) Thats to hold in humidity!

Last edited:
Back