What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first plants are here!

tje25

Plant Addict!!
So I finally got my plants today (not that they took longer then they were supposed to but because I'm an overly excited person)lol.

Heres the pics: (sorry my camera isn't the best)

DSC02958.jpg

DSC02960.jpg

N. alata

DSC02961.jpg

N. gentle

DSC02962.jpg

N. ventricosa

DSC02963.jpg

Poi dog with maxima parentage

DSC02964.jpg

DSC02965.jpg

DSC02966.jpg

DSC02967.jpg

DSC02968.jpg

DSC02969.jpg

DSC02970.jpg

Some more pics of the smaller ones in there new home

DSC02972.jpg

N. ventricosa

DSC02973.jpg

DSC02974.jpg

N. alata

DSC02975.jpg

DSC02976.jpg

N. gentle

DSC02977.jpg

DSC02978-1.jpg

So cool!!! And they look great :boogie: Congrats!
JennB

Awesome!

They look like healthy plants.

....and so it begins.

Off to a good start, TJ! By the way, I think I know where you got your plants from, and they are a great nursery.

OMG so nice! Just wait a year... you'll have an insane over-grown collection and will be outta space and money soon enough :lol:

awww... im getting nostalgic! happy growing!

Thanks everyone!!!

@ mato: They came from 2 different places, but i'm sure your right about one of them.;)

@ Thez yo: I honestly cant wait!!

Congrats! Looks like you have a great space set up for them.

Congrats!! That Poi Dog looks great!

Congrats
I've dealt with the first of those guys before, they're good people
Good growing

Congratulations! They're so cute when they're little. A heads up, my N. alata that I got from them seems to be a N. x ventrata. It's difficult to find an actual N. alata, for some reason.

Congratulations! They're so cute when they're little. A heads up, my N. alata that I got from them seems to be a N. x ventrata. It's difficult to find an actual N. alata, for some reason.

Huh ...thats interesting... are you sure you got it from the same place as me? How can you tell for sure? A ventrata is a ventricosa x alata hybrid correct?

Yes that is the hybrid
Their initials are W G right?

That's the place. Almost every N. alata that I've seen for sale turns out to be ventrata. I've actually encountered plants labeled as N. alata in grocery stores that were N. ventrata. I wouldn't worry, though, N. x ventrata has been the one of the easiest and nicest looking neps that I've grown.

That's the place. Almost every N. alata that I've seen for sale turns out to be ventrata. I've actually encountered plants labeled as N. alata in grocery stores that were N. ventrata. I wouldn't worry, though, N. x ventrata has been the one of the easiest and nicest looking neps that I've grown.

Ya, I'm not to worried... I'm sure it will be a nice plant either way lol. Thanks for the heads up!

Very Nice TJ! Dont fall to far though, before you know it your gonna run out of room in a couple months. ;)

Thanks Heli, Yeah I can see that happining lol :)

Back