What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hydroponic/aeroponics

i would like to here thoughts and info if anyone has tried growing any carnivorous plants in a setup that is only water that is at a constant move?

the setup i have, the roots will be in water and were the roots and stalk of the plant meet, have water trickling onto it for 3/4 the day. its an aerogarden. and the medium is just a sponge that is sup. to be great for germination.

i need to no if this setup will work or will i just be wasting my time? of if there is a few thing i can do to make this work.

i really hope it does work! it beats the hell out of having lights and cords and a big old terrarium. its has the system the lights and a timer all built into one so it dosnt get any easier then this!

once again any info will be greatly app.

thank you

Don't know anything about your original question, but you can grow LOTS of CP's without a terrarium and on a windowsill. South African dews, Mexican Pinguicula, some hardier nepenthes and others too I am sure!

i dont understan how no one in this group has info about this like wtf... all i want to no is if this will work???

yes! but without using the nutrient packets just running distilled water through it

I wasn't going to use the aerogarden, but I was going to try using PrimeAgra as soon as I order some. I think it would work great with neps. Keeping them poist yeat airy. Works with orchids and they are more picky than neps about having an airy mix.

i use a flood and drain type system... (sorta ebb and flow)

and how does your edd and flow work?

Genlisea Aurea can grow in just water

The original question is hard to answer of itself
because it does not consider other variables.
In general, most CP's don't want to be overly wet
year round.
The question itself is an over simplification without other information.
But to answer in a general way....
yes, it CAN be done.
Whether you can now run out & do it is something else entirely.

Conditions vary for every persons house,
and they alone must judge whether lighting, temps, & other conditions meet the needs of their plants. Also, this varies depending on what plant you are talking about growing.

(If you are now going to ask, I would suggest looking into some of the info here on TF already plentiful in previous posts, or elsewhere on the net, as there is a wealth of information about required conditions needed for nearly any plant you are wanting to grow.)
To learn how to grow CP's as with other things, it is sometimes best to do a bit of research & actually learn about the plants you are interested in, instead of expecting that one simple questions will be able to answer everything you need to know all in one step. Besides which hands on experience can teach more in a few weeks than a whole pile of books & information ever can.

droserakid: i dont understan how no one in this group has info about this like wtf... all i want to no is if this will work
I know it CAN work. Whether it will for you, I cannot say.

Good luck with this project!
Keep us posted on your results
:water:

The original question is hard to answer of itself
because it does not consider other variables.
In general, most CP's don't want to be overly wet
year round.
The question itself is an over simplification without other information.
But to answer in a general way....
yes, it CAN be done.
Whether you can now run out & do it is something else entirely.

Conditions vary for every persons house,
and they alone must judge whether lighting, temps, & other conditions meet the needs of their plants. Also, this varies depending on what plant you are talking about growing.

(If you are now going to ask, I would suggest looking into some of the info here on TF already plentiful in previous posts, or elsewhere on the net, as there is a wealth of information about required conditions needed for nearly any plant you are wanting to grow.)
To learn how to grow CP's as with other things, it is sometimes best to do a bit of research & actually learn about the plants you are interested in, instead of expecting that one simple questions will be able to answer everything you need to know all in one step. Besides which hands on experience can teach more in a few weeks than a whole pile of books & information ever can.

I know it CAN work. Whether it will for you, I cannot say.

Good luck with this project!
Keep us posted on your results
:water:

The wise ones fashioned speech with their thought, sifting it as grain is sifted through a sieve.
Buddha

:hail:

Back