What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CPs in CO

• Thread starter James H
  • Start date
I will be in the denver area next week and was wondering if there are any CP nurserys up in that area? I will be visiting family for an early Christmas and wouldnt mind checking out some plants if anyone knows of any places to look around.
Thanks,

Jeremiah. He's not a nursery, but his greenhouse is incredible.

Technically, Jeremiah is part private collection, part US agent/seller for Sam Estes' Nepenthes. I don't know if he entertains visitors, but you may want to ask.

Contact info
I'm going to be in Colorado can I buy plants and take a Greenhouse tour?

Right now we are not open retail hours but feel free to call or email Jeremiah to setup an appointment.

Phone: 1-530-hamata-1

(1-530-426-2821)

eMail: Jeremiah@leilaninepenthes.com

Thanks guys, I will send Jeremiah an email and see if he might have an hour or two for me to drool all over his plants.

Well I am back and I was able to meet up with Jeremiah and see his many greenhouses and I will say that it was one of the highlights of the trip. Jeremiah was super nice and spent 1.5 hours showing me around his greenhouses and showing me all of his plants. Taking time and explaining how each of his green houses worked and the ins and outs of each design.
His plant collection was very impressive, even with it being winter time his plants still looked great. I got to see so many cool nepenthes that I lost track of names and just sat there with what had to be a dumbfounded look on my face. He had some very impressive highlanders with all the teeth you could want, more flytraps then you could shake a stick at and a few cephlotus that were a treat to see in person, but the iceing on the cake for me was his N. attenboroughii. I did get five new plants from him that once they get here to my house I will post up some photos.
My only complaint was that I was so awestruck with the plants that I completely forgot to break out my cammera and shoot photos. I would HIGHLY recommend that if anyone is even passing through Colorado Springs and has a bit of extra time to give Jeremiah a call and take a look at his plants, it will be well worth the stop.

Gahhhhhh, and I only live like two hours away from him. >.<!

Now I might HAVE to try and arrange something. I'd so love to see his place. :drool:

Good to hear you got to see his place. It's definitely on my list of things to do.

Kyle - you really should, it would be worth the drive. And if you guys get the Colorado CP society up and having meetings again I will be back in town again in July and would try to attend a meeting.

I don't even know what happened to the CCPS. That was long gone by the time I got into the hobby. I assume it disintegrated due to lack of interest/members.

Awesome! What plants did you get?

I got :

Nepenthes ampullaria SSR10862 seed grown
Nepenthes 'Fyodor' N.gymnamphora x dubia
Nepenthes 'Griffin' N.(thorelii x (northiana x maxima)) x (spectabilis x veitchii)
Nepenthes 'Immaculate' Nepenthes Immaculate N.ventricosa x (thorelii x Trusmadiensis)
Nepenthes 'Nephthys' Wrigleyana x campanulata
Nepenthes 'Mimosa' N.ventrata x (thorelii x aristolochioides)

I went a little nuts and still had to leave several plants behind that were really cool. My two favorites are the N. Immaculate and the N. Nephthys they are very cool hybrids. I am looking forward to getting more plants this spring after I get my grow tank up and going.

Pics??

Back