What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tj's Plant Thread!!

looks like your gonna have stacks of dews

That maxima is beautiful!

Thanks corky and dionae!! I appreciate you stopping by :)

Poi dog pitcher popped!!
I blame the small size on the low humidity, low daylight hours, and the flower ;)

DSC03141.jpg

DSC03142.jpg

DSC03143.jpg

Poi dog pitcher popped!!
I blame the small size on the low humidity, low daylight hours, and the flower ;)

I find it interesting that a number of my Poi Dog N. maxima hybrids produce smaller pitchers during these dark, short mid-winter days, while other plants continue to make bigger and bigger pitchers. I have a seed-grown plant of ventricosa X singalana that has made three new pitchers since November and each has been considerably larger than the previous. There is a new pitcher on this plant about to pop that already has exceeded my expectations for its adult pitcher size! I can only imagine what it's going to do when days grow longer and brighter :-O

I find it interesting that a number of my Poi Dog N. maxima hybrids produce smaller pitchers during these dark, short mid-winter days, while other plants continue to make bigger and bigger pitchers. I have a seed-grown plant of ventricosa X singalana that has made three new pitchers since November and each has been considerably larger than the previous. There is a new pitcher on this plant about to pop that already has exceeded my expectations for its adult pitcher size! I can only imagine what it's going to do when days grow longer and brighter :-O

Huh... That is interesting... so then I am positive that it is a combination of all three. I wonder how much bigger it would have gotten if I had cut off the flower stalk...

Update!!!

Ok, lots of pics in this update!
Hope you enjoy!

I'll start by showing off my new arrivals! (Thanks Smitty!)

D. aliciae

DSC03190.jpg

DSC03191.jpg

P. agnata ekuma x emarginata ( not sure if this one will make it or not, guess I'll just wait and see)

DSC03173.jpg

My new grow rack that I'm slowly peicing together

DSC03203.jpg

Newly opened ventricosa picture

DSC03170.jpg

Newly opened maxima poi dog pitcher

DSC03172.jpg

Future upper poi dog pitcher maybie???

DSC03177.jpg

Poi dog flower progress

DSC03174.jpg

DSC03178.jpg

alata and gentle in the new little terrarium... I think there much happier in there, The leaves are growing faster anyways:)

DSC03180.jpg

DSC03181.jpg

Drosera!!

DSC03202.jpg

D. nidiformis

DSC03182.jpg

DSC03183.jpg

D. capensis

DSC03184.jpg

DSC03185.jpg

D. helodes

DSC03186.jpg

D. allantostigma

DSC03188.jpg

D. trichocaulis

DSC03192.jpg

D. scorpioides "pink flower"

DSC03194.jpg

DSC03195.jpg

D. pulchella

DSC03196.jpg

D. roseana

DSC03198.jpg

D. scorpioides "white flower"

DSC03201.jpg

Thanks for looking!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
What the heck happened to that ping in transit!! It should pull through, it is a very hardy pinguicula...I got ya if it doesn't though! ;)

Nice collection!

What the heck happened to that ping in transit!! It should pull through, it is a very hardy pinguicula...I got ya if it doesn't though! ;)

Nice collection!

Thanks Smitty!
It got pretty cold on the way here... the lfs was partially frozen when I first unpacked it so I'm sure it didnt like that too much.

yep shipping in the cold is a crap shoot, used up all my heat packs keeping my feet toasty all hunting season. :lol:

For good measure I would place a clear cup over the dews...they will bounce back rather fast with a slightly warmer and humid micro climate you will provide by doing so.

yep shipping in the cold is a crap shoot, used up all my heat packs keeping my feet toasty all hunting season. :lol:

For good measure I would place a clear cup over the dews...they will bounce back rather fast with a slightly warmer and humid micro climate you will provide by doing so.

I keep a humidity dome on top of the dews, I just take it off for pics... or do you meen a clear cup inside of the humidity dome??

Use a dome? Your good then mang!

good Lord your stuff is growing fast!!

Wow everythings lookin' great!

Thanks Everybody! I appreciate the comments :)

Update!

Got some awesome new arrivals today!!! (Thanks Mass!!!)

N. lowii x truncata

DSCF0325.jpg

DSCF0330.jpg

DSCF0331.jpg

N. truncata x spectabilis

DSCF0326.jpg

D. capensis "bainskloof"

DSCF0337.jpg

The little terrarium is starting to look full :) (maybe its time to start thinking bigger;))

DSCF0324.jpg

N. ventricosa's newest and biggest yet!

DSCF0316.jpg

N. maxima poi dog

DSCF0318.jpg

DSCF0320.jpg

DSCF0323.jpg

DSCF0321.jpg

P. agnata ekuma x emarginata starting to grow again after nearly freezing on the way here!!:)

DSCF0336.jpg

Thats it for now! Thanks for looking!!

Lookin' good man. The collection's starting to get outa control. Welcome to the club........

My pleasure buddy, enjoy..

Back