What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tj's Plant Thread!!

very nice lil plant :D

Some Random Pictures :)

Followed a wasp around the mini bog! I'm surprised he didn't attack me like they usually do lol... guess he was content with the sarrs hahaha;

DSC03496.jpg

DSC03497.jpg

DSC03498.jpg

DSC03499.jpg

DSC03500.jpg

DSC03501.jpg

DSC03504.jpg

My D. capensis "Bainskloof" putting up its first flower :);

DSC03507.jpg

DSC03508.jpg

DSC03509.jpg

DSC03511.jpg

DSC03512.jpg

Woah! Big catch on that sarr :)

that wasp evaded capture like like a boss :p "im just here for the pictures, thanks!" haha

lol... Thanks guys! Stop by anytime Myles!

with pics like that, imma be stalking this thread for updates :)

one of my sars currently has a grasshopper doin the moonwalk trying to back on out of a fluidless pitcher. muahaha

Some more pics!

N. lowii x truncata "wide peristome" fatty about to pop any day now!!!

DSC03521.jpg

DSC03522.jpg

A group shot :)

DSC03533.jpg

Mr. Hamata (Just for you heli) ;)

DSC03536.jpg

DSC03537.jpg

DSC03540.jpg

DSC03543.jpg

DSC03544.jpg

Outside pics!

Thought I would go outside and snap some pictures too :)

The Sarrs in there prison cell :)

DSC03546.jpg

"B52" VFT just opened its first trap in my care, with a couple coming in behind it :)

DSC03547.jpg

DSC03548.jpg

The other "B52" finally starting to show new growth also;

DSC03549.jpg

"A2" hennings giant hasnt shown new growth yet but it still looks good :)

DSC03550.jpg

DSC03551.jpg

"JAWS" VFT just never stopped growing from shipment at all lol

DSC03552.jpg

DSC03553.jpg

S. oreophila seedling still chuggin along;

DSC03554.jpg

DSC03555.jpg

My little veggie garden :)

DSC03557.jpg

My tomatoberry spawn plant that I started from some of the same seeds I gave away awhile back. I cant wait to see what the tomatoes will look like :)

DSC03558.jpg

DSC03559.jpg

Last edited:
lovin that lowii x truncata... gunna get some nice fat pitchers in the months to come :D

an cool veggie garden! What kinda tomatoes do you like best?

lovin that lowii x truncata... gunna get some nice fat pitchers in the months to come :D

an cool veggie garden! What kinda tomatoes do you like best?

Thanks! I think my favorite tomato so far has been the tomatoberrys that I grew last year. They were the sweetest most tasty tomato that I have ever tried!!
I actually just went and got another one today! put it in the ground right next to the plant I grew from seed that was collected from last years tomatoberry harvest :)

figures... i've never even heard of those!!! :p Do you get them from a local farmstand or hardware store type retailor?

we just do a few of the basic, cherries, brandywine and beefsteak.

nothin beats a BLT with one fat slice of a beefsteak tomato that covers the whole sammich nom nom nom

figures... i've never even heard of those!!! :p Do you get them from a local farmstand or hardware store type retailor?

we just do a few of the basic, cherries, brandywine and beefsteak.

nothin beats a BLT with one fat slice of a beefsteak tomato that covers the whole sammich nom nom nom

I got them from a hardware store type retailer. I also like beefsteak tomatoes! Right now in my garden I have 5 tomato plants (seed grown TB self polinated, Tomatoberry, Sweet 100, whopper, and beefsteak), 2 pepper plants ( "worlds hottest pepper in cultivation" , and a sweet bell), 3 cauliflower, and 3 broccoli.

I LOVE BLT's :)

what are the worlds hottest peppers atm? that title gets passed like the olympic torch as they keep crossing peppers making htme hotter and hotter n hotter!!!!

i just do jalapeno cuz i enjoy them alot for their flavor and light heat. i like heat but just use hot sauces for the real high intensity fire :)

I dont know for sure if they are actually the hottest, but thats that its label says. It says its a Caribbean hot red pepper or something like that lol. I dont plan on actually eating one myself prolly. I'm just growing it for fun, and to see the look on ppls faces who are brave enouph to try it hahaha.

you can always use them to make a killer hot sauce and bottle it up yourself... makes for great holiday gifts :D

N. lowii x truncata "wide peristome" New pitcher!

Freshly popped :)

DSC03593.jpg

DSC03591.jpg

DSC03590.jpg

DSC03585.jpg

DSC03581.jpg

DSC03577.jpg

DSC03573.jpg

DSC03575.jpg

:D there she blows!

dam sexy pitcher mah friend

Thanks Myles! I'll be posting more pics of it as it matures :)

Thats a gorgeous pitcher.

Back