What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My CP anti-zombie army grows!

I receibed yesterday mi Christamas gift for myself... 5 CP's...
A Cephalotus follicularis, Drosera niditula, D. filiformis, D. carbarup and D. burmanii
They all arrived well and happy...
Now they're in a water tray on the sun to recover...
I'll post pictures later... My camere is out of batteries...

Plants vs Zombies game?

Indeed...
Big fan...

zombies.gif

Zombie army attack!

Was just about to say I love the burmannii!!!!!!!!

I just figured you were gearing up for the Zombie Apocalypse. :D

xmasCreche.gif

@raccoon city: LOL. Pokemon trainer turned into a Street Fighter bad boy (it appears the word I was planning to use after "bad" is naugthy and forbidden...)

Now... I understand that the C. follicularis will get purplish under strong ligth and the D. filiformis redish... Am I correct?
And how fast do the D. carbarup and D. nitidula grow?

I find ceph's dont get color until they make mature pitchers, but yes under strong light they will get a reddish purple color.

Is the ceph in pure peat as a media? If so I would be very careful about watering. Cephs like an airy, well draining mix. Here is a list of good medias, along with other great info to read: http://www.foxoles.dsl.pipex.com/cephalotusfollil.html

Status update, after some days on vacation...

D. carbarup
I don't really see... Anything... LOL... Overexposed photo...
But in the center of the plants there's some sort of cotton-ish bud... Is it the growing stem or an inflorescence source?

D. filiformis
The longest leaf already dying... Many new shoots are unrolling in the base...
Question: are the drying leaves supposed to be cut off or left there?

D. nitidula
Some sprouts around it! Looking healthier...

D. burmanii
Has it's (I assume) first victim!
Looks beautiful!
Lots of gooey stuff :D

Cephalotus follicularis
More than half it's pitchers have dried... Actually, since I was away the plant was in the water tray for about 6 days, until the water evaporated...
Is this normal? There's only one new leaf...

D. binata
Slowly becoming "binated"...

The inflorescence stalk of the D. brumanii is as of today over 7 inches tall (actually it has a support 'cuz otherwise the weight may uproot the plant) and has over 12 blossoms developing...
However... The irony!
The plants seems to be dying!
I assume it is 'cuz it is hard for it to sustain itself and the flowers... At first it though it was a matter of time before the lowest leaves started to witter, but then more and more, today about 70% of the leaves are dead or dying, and I don't think the ones developing will be enough fort he plant... Suggestions?

WAY too wet with the ceph.

That has been corrected, It is no longer in the water tray, not I only keep wet the earth...
Still checking the LFS for repotting...

Back