What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idiots at the post office

mikefallen13

Mr. veitchii
Well I needed to mail out a few packages to members on the forum, so I walked to the post office at about noon and there was nobody there. I figured that the person may.have gone to lunch so I walked back down at about two and the post office was empty!! So my dad rode me down today and I asked why there was nobody there and the guy looked at me and said " well... He was sick" so I said " so there's nobody that could come to replace him?" He just said " I guess not" . So for those of you expecting a package form me, sorry for the delay!

Wow. :| That's pretty sad.

In case people don't know what's going on with the Postal Service, the postal reform bill passed in 2006 requires that the Postal Service pre-fund retiree pension/health benefits for the next 75 years which works out to an annual cost of about $5.6 billion a year.

The Postal Service charter is not-for-profit. They can only increase rates by Congressional approval. The only way to achieve this pre-funding mandate is to cut employees and services.

No other business in the US or in the world is required to pay for benefits 75 years in advance - for employees who may not even be born yet! I'd like to see you run a business where you have to come up with capital for expenses 3/4 of a century in advance.

HR 1351 and like bills would address unfair requirements like this. Call your Congress Person or Senator to support bills like HR 1351.

Back