What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Pest Strips

Have any of you ever used No Pest Strips to control insects with your plants ? Do they work well ? I was always afraid to use them because I always had tarantulas, roaches, stick insects and several kinds of feeder insect cultures around. I'm now "pet bug" free and was thinking of hanging a few up as a preventative measure.

Good question ! I was searching the forum for this same question the other day. In the past I have always had problems with fungus knats in my grow tanks. I was never too concerned as I thought they just went for decaying material, but I read a post that they will go after seedlings ? And I have some seedlings right now.

I planted sundews in my nepenthes tanks hoping they would catch the nasty little critters !

I look forward to the answers to this post.

I've not used them but I believe Peter D'Amato and/or Barry Rice discuss the usage of flea collars and pest strips in their writings. Some use Imidacloprid as an active ingredient, the same pesticide used in some systemic insecticides. Supposedly strips work in small enclosed areas like terrariums.

In a larger area you'll probably just be breeding insecticide resistant pests as well as giving yourself long term exposure to toxic chemicals.

Back