What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just my luck...

Last year, August 9th i was re-ended by a company vehicle while on the way to go salmon fishing...
hit at 45MPH by a chevy tahoe, while i was turning and doing 10 because the guy looked down at his phone...got the car fixed and everything was grand... only minor damage had been done to the bumper and the frame had to be pulled out a bit...
d6bdaca0.jpg

Called up the guys company and insurance today wondering why i never received a form to sign off on the accident or any possible compensation.... said they would contact me tomorrow...
Get back to work from lunch, go inside for maybe 10 minutes... Page over the intercom says Will the owner of a white malibu license plate number -------- please return to your vehicle...
I say great, mustve hit the trunk button again or something of the sort, or left a window down...
Hand the keys to a manager as i run out to investigate, and the look on their face was my first clue something was wrong... go outside, see blue and red flashing lights... think great, cops must think ive done something wrong, or someone broke into my vehicle...
Turns out, an older couple in an F-150 backed into my car, got stuck to it, freaked out, peeled their tires and ripped half of my bumper off, flew forward and ran into our store's side wall, thankfully doing no damage to another car or hurting anyone... the flurry of curse words that flew out of my mouth before i found out it was an older couple was probably enough to have gotten me fired, but i think my manager understood on this one....

f4fbf236-1.jpg

and i JUST got the bumper freakin repaired not even 5 months ago @_@
what a freakin way to start the year... atleast no one got hurt though...

a cop witnessed the accident, it happened right infront of the cameras, and the cop was on the way out after assisting another cop with detaining a shoplifter...
wow, just wow...

Wow. Talk about wrong place at the wrong time.
I feel your pain buddy. I bought my car on New Year's Eve 2010, that same night a woman ran a red light and t-boned me. Sucks starting a new year with that..

Good grief! I hope your luck gets better.

As if work didn't suck enough... :censor:

That must of been painful, right in the face! :(

Wow, SK. Yeah, I'd say that's pretty sour luck. Hopefully 2012 will be better and that elderly couple's insurance will cover all damages. :/

At least you got a good story out of it.

Sorry about your misfortune SK. That sounds like a horrible way to start the new year.

My wife & I had the same thing happen to us, repeatedly!
We hadn't even had previous damage fixed (over 4 rear-end collisions in a 10 month period!...all with the same car!)
One guy hit my wife very slowly while crusing up to a red light & not paying attention.
When he saw the damage he freaked out & thought he did it all! (He did little if anything to add to the damage already there!)
We had the car fixed twice in that time (full major damage), but by the end decided to get rid of the car.
Best decision we made at that time!
I would only suggest (from our own experience) is that if anything happens even one more time, consider getting rid of it. (It's not meant to be!)

Actually you are lucky, as the cops saw it all & there is now a better chance of getting it fixed on someone else's dime without a fight. (Did the 1st guy's insurance come thru?)
All I know is that sometimes "it's not meant to be". In one of the accidents we had, we were lucky not to have been majorly injured. (Unfortunately we did have minor injuries, which were enough.)
But indeed, that car may just be bad luck! ??? (I wouldn't normally think such a thing, but going thru it myself, I can see where that does occur! (No accidents in years & years, and then 4 in one year! And oh yea, the car was only about a year & a half old.)

Well, good luck with it! Drive (and park) safely!

By the way, cool license plate!

Lol growinold, I've had this car since december of 2010.... So just over a year, in the first two days of having it, I had to return it to the dealership because the steering column busted on it. I've had two nails in tires (though that's common place in car owning) and now two accidents, neither of which I was at fault, and only one where I was minorly injured (first one gave me a bit of whiplash)

Man that really blows. Odd how sometimes one has something that seems to be a "damage magnet".

On the plus side, no one was hurt.

27712.png

oh sadness...lucky for you, at least you dont need to fork an additional sum to get that repaired!

Dude, that's awesome. You had a cop as a witness and it was on camera? This is why we pay for insurance: PAY OUT!

Whoa that sucks, I hope you have better luck with it now =/

sorry to read about the bad start SK. But well, atleast u have a witness and hopefully the insurance can sort out the damages. Glad to hear that atleast no one was injured. I guess all that anyone can do is look for the silver lining in these kind of situations. Just hope for the best.

Back