What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my plant thread

• Thread starter corky
  • Start date
Nice play off the light with your Darlingtonia pictures! Love plants with windows! Very alien looking!

wow.. guess I never realized how nice your collection really was. Can't wait for my hilaris to get to that size..

thanks jcal i was pleased how the darlingtonia pics turned out,mass the collection is tiny compared to many i see but i do try to have a diversity ,out door plants are finally getting a bit of colour as we are having a mini heat wave,a couple of dew babies have fried,mass hope you follow your normal protocol and try to propagate hilaris,leafs just went brown in no time for me,i have some roots on the go at the moment

Nice to see some good-looking D. cuneifolia photos. Mine is continually struggling but I have hope for better. Cape x slackii - now that sounds interesting!

thanks Mark,i really hope the slackii x cape happens for me too,and the cunefolia is a great dew i must try and propagate it when it is a bit larger,a few macro shots,i have a long way to go but this is about the best i can get with very limited skill,kicking off with multifida and a couple of regia victims slackii

Last edited:
Very nice indeed. :)

Love the close up shots!!

nice shots..

cheers peeps for the comments,my burb has produced a pitcher 2 or 3 times bigger than any previous,it does like the warmer weather,and is one of my favorite species, on the subject of stripes vent spec also a much larger pitcher singalana this little ceph from a leaf cutting is doing great same plant in january my regias are also becoming a firm favorite have not shown this plant before purp burkii and a little garden center hybrid division ,i gave the other two mother plants to friends who are starting to show an interest :-D

Last edited:
Good-looking regia. Mine should be so big. I also like the purp hybrid in the last photo.

cheers Mark,regia is loving the outdoor life at the moment,full sun and days up to 30c have not seemed to bother it,i also fert with half strength orchid fert to the roots about every 6 weeks,the regia in the brown plastic pot was only about 1.5 inches across last October so i am pleased with its growth,especially seen as though its my first attempt at growing it

Last edited:
Just saw your pictures.. You have a great collection ! Congrats :)

thanks Maiden,i am liking dew pics at the moment,so photogenic ,d.hamiltonii and d.venusta with a meal the whole plant,nice and dewy, and the first adult looking pitcher has opened on last years ceph leaf cutting :-D

Last edited:
i have had my n . hamata for a year now and could not be happier with its progress here is the plant when it arrived from AW n.singalana still performing sanguinea uppers looking fine a freaky double ribbed ceph pitcher campanulata x robc a ceph leaf cutting about 18 months old it has took off in the last 6 months :-D

Last edited:
That's a very good-looking D. venusta. I've been growing this one for quite awhile and I'm still trying to produce one that looks as good.

Last edited:
thanks Mark,i like the way venusta is kind of an erect rosette ,it looked terrible after it flowered but has come back great,also it was easy to propagate from leaf cuttings,first year i have grown this plant

a few dew pics,d.madagascariensis d.slackii from leaf cuttings d.venusta from leaf cuttings d.cunefolia i still need to propagate this one and my NOID pygmy p.x tina p.esseriana

Last edited:
I am impressed with your photography, amigo.

cheers Mark i am trying (am sure some would agree):-D a few pics,starting off with p.cyclocecta ,i thought i had lost this plant out of my collection when the mother plant died,but i took some leaf pullings ,i thought the pullings had also died but out of nowhere this popped up and a couple of p.esseriana leaf pullings that took my n.attenboroughii seems to be growing well another from the burb a dwarf form of maxima an old favorite n.ventricosa white form a nice colour pitcher on hummers giant and twins on a pitcher cutting i took earlier in the year,pitcher cuttings are the way forward for me ,they grow these larger pitchers straight away and grow much quicker than leaf cuttings for me d.hilaris growing again after i put it through a drier summer dormancy,it seems to of worked as its not dead :-D

Last edited:
vent x spec robc popped a new one,it has a red fleck too and starting to colour up n.singalana n.hamata white ventricosa and a couple of d.cuneifolia

Last edited:
Back