What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my plant thread

• Thread starter corky
  • Start date
are you sure its dead Mark,mine looked totally dead but have come back from the roots,i had a look and a scratch at the roots and found them to be solid and when i scratched the surface they were white inside (alive),thanks radagast :)

Last edited:
I guess time will tell but it doesn't look encouraging, Corky. It would be fun if it did come back! I'm at a stage where I don't really know what will have survived and what is toast.

i remember when i was a kid i had a hamster,i almost buried it ,then realized it was hibernating :-D

Ha! :-)) With 'dews you always have to be very careful that way, don't you?

a few pics,first off purpurea flowers, drosera slackii in bloom my suspected drosera spatulata latest from n. robc and starting to colour up and my burb has a nicer size pitcher this n.boschiana has not pitchered for a fair bit a rather rude looking rebecca soper and i am really liking this new addition,BE's maxima was thought once to of been eymea :-D

Very nice plants, corky! RE Rebecca Soper: Someone recently visiting my greenhouse said that same thing about an un-opened N. naga pitcher!

You've got me thinking I should propagate a slackii so I can give it some cold next year and maybe get a flower. So pretty. Are they fairly large?

Well mark this winter was very mild so i do not think the plants spent much time at too low a temp.Temps in winter were probably around 55f at the low end.I think daylight hours and lower temps is the key.Honestly pure luck for me its just wot gwarn on me windowsill.Ha cheers Paul does look like something pagans dance around in spring

Last edited:
And to answer your question buddy your plants at four inches across are much bigger than mine.Mine are a good three.Yours looked amazing i forgot to comment

Last edited:
d.regia d.cuneifolia and a flower on the way ,a first for me d.capensis red d.venusta p.cyclosecta d.hamiltonii

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words about my plants. What I meant to ask is - how big is the flower on your D. slackii? I think I need to edit with a bit more care. :blush:

I really like your D. cuneifolia. Mine has been dragging itself along for about a year now but finally seems to be pulling out of it. I hope it can be nearly as nice as yours. I think this is a beautiful species.

think the flowers are about 3/4 inch but the stalks this year are quite short compared to previous years ,only about 10 or 12 inch long ,other years they have been about 18,and i am looking forward to seeing the cuneifolia flower

everything looks quite happy!

Whenever I see photos of your Drosera, I feel a strong urge to try more species. (I've had mixed results with Drosera - some do really well, and some, like slackii, hated my conditions) Beautiful plants!

cheers Paul ,i am lucky in that the south African species seem to love the UK,i just have to place them on a sunny windowsill at the first sign of frosts,we rarely get weather that is too hot for too long,i remember a stunning pic you posted Paul,think it was a pygmy dew ,roseana i think and photostacked

Last edited:
outdoor plants are starting to look worthy of a couple of pics,flava ornata flava rugelii a small rubra leucophylla oreophila burkii darlingtonia red dragon a nice size trap flymare plant thats one of the "Hummers giant" clones d.hilaris Rebecca Soper putting out some nice pitchers and my white ventricosa :-D

Last edited:
looks like things are waking up nicely! Love the close up of the windows in the Darlingtonia!

cheers shortbus,growing season never seems to last long enough ,

How big is that ceph pitcher? It looks Huh-yooge!

And is the big VFT trap a typical??

Last edited:
the vft is either a southwest giant or B52 labels were lost and the ceph pitcher is not so big, about 45mm with lid 30-35 without but i am very happy with the clone it goes a nice dark colour all over,and i hope this is a baby pitcher,it came from a clone with the largest pitchers i think i have seen (i hope it did anyway).My large typical clone has pitchers the same size but this clone has better colour and teeth

Back