What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my plant thread

• Thread starter corky
  • Start date
thanks mass,must admit the plants that look crappy don't get their picture took:-D

Such a healthy-looking bunch! I almost never post pictures of my cruddier-looking plants either, ha!

'Good to see your N. diatas growing so nicely. Mine is stumbling along and still has immature pitchers. I don't often see this one photographed.

thank you mark, i find diatas grows quite well for me and i think its about to put on some size(might be wishful thinking)but the new leaves look a far bit bigger than the previous ,here are few pics i took this morning,first off my white ventricosa
flowerstalkvft12102012086_zpsb9302fe2.jpg
a newly opened pitcher
flowerstalkvft12102012085_zps55dad4da.jpg
and spathulata i really like this species,think i am alone though,don't show up round here much
flowerstalkvft12102012081_zpsde173636.jpg
and a bit more peristome detail
flowerstalkvft12102012083_zpsedfa600b.jpg
my robcantleyii has had this pitcher open for ages and it is still green?
flowerstalkvft12102012084_zps31452dd3.jpg
and last but not least a new ovata
flowerstalkvft12102012082_zps3f2c56e1.jpg
enjoy:-D

Although I don't have the species itself, I do like N. spathulata. One of my favorite hybrids is N. Benevolence, a cross with N. Hong Kong, and it looks a lot like spathulata, just larger. Love the young ovata, of course!

Yeah that is a wonderfully toothy Spathulata! Love it!

little update,d.hilaris
flowerstalkvft12102012113_zpsffc11c1e.jpg
and a weird monster flower stalk on d.aliciae
flowerstalkvft12102012112_zps19856463.jpg
n.singalana
flowerstalkvft12102012106_zpse227d1f1.jpg

this is lecanopteris.lomaroides an ant fern from AW
flowerstalkvft12102012110_zpsa57f0414.jpg
a small but nice looking pitcher of burbidgea
flowerstalkvft12102012109_zps4f9464ad.jpg
this is the first pitcher in my care from a n.macfarlanei wild collected seed
flowerstalkvft12102012108_zpsa120002d.jpg
n.hamata still seems happy
flowerstalkvft12102012107_zpsd8e395de.jpg
n.ovata pitcher coloured up
flowerstalkvft12102012104_zpsdb164956.jpg
a frontal of n.singalana
flowerstalkvft12102012105_zpsc44e5050.jpg
enjoy:-D

Wow Drosera hilaris is very cool. Great pics and great plants...having said that more dews, more dews! :) Slackii flowers are so purdy. In all seriousness though, great work!

Totally missed this, corky. Great shots. I'll be receiving a few plants from the genus Lecanopteris very soon. Do you have any recommendations?

Awesome plants corky! Do you still have that Nepenthes rafflesiana nivea I saw in some of your posts from a while ago?

thanks for looking,sundrew you must have me mistaken i never had that plant,mato i have only this plant at the moment,the scale covered ones except lower humidity like lomeroides,sinuosa,i have a small sinuosa on its way,the smooth rhizomed plants need more humidity but you have humidity ? i have fertalized mine with half strength orchid fert to the roots with no bad effects,mine is growing but i have seen your set up and think they will enjoy higher humidity,what yer getting(sorry dude do not know that much at all)

I'm sorry! I confused you with Cindy, a mod on here.

I like seeing updates on your D. hilaris, corky. Gives me hope for what my baby plants could look like when they grow up. I think N. spathulata is an underrated species.

Beautiful plants! I have a wee N. ovata that is finally picking up speed. I look forward to seeing it as a mature plant. Yours looks supremely healthy :)

love that D. hilaris!

thanks Paul and Mass,my ovata has made a large jump in leaf size recently so i hope to have some larger pitchers in the coming months:-D lots of my neps are putting out bigger leaves must be all the java and freeze dried blood worms,must admit Mass the hilaris is a cool dew quite different to other dews i grow(glad you like it Mass)

my large ceph has a flower on the way,this is a first for me and i really hope to get some seeds,i am quite surprised because i butchered the plant a couple of months ago for divisions and pitcher pullings,thought it would sulk p.cyclosecta waking up p.tina with first meal for a long time Robc newest

Last edited:
Robc putting out a nice larger leaf,so are most of my nepenthes ,very excited as requested by Shortbus a few dews ,starting with slackii ,i grew these from leaf pullings they are a year old ish and a noid pygmy that i really like,any thoughts on what it might be? and the mother Slackii getting very large with two flower stalks on the way

Last edited:
one of many d.aliciae i have but this one is sending up weird monster flower stalks and the plant its self looks worse for it,hope it recovers it was by far the largest d.puchella looking dewy and the main man himself hope you enjoy:-D almost forgot n.hamata is doing very well,anyone out there wants to grow this plant so far it is growing well for me as an intermediate with humidity sometimes as low as 36% but i will have to see what happens in the summer

Last edited:
Back