What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my plant thread

• Thread starter corky
  • Start date
Beautifully grown plants, kudos! I am especially smitten by N. singalana; there's something especially "alien" about the species that appeals to me. I'm guessing that is the Belirang variant?

cheers Paul,yes it is belirang,i have been admiring your recent singalana pics,yours is a great specimen (I always love your updates,just not imaginative enough to come out with new compliments)

I'm glad to see your D. hilaris is growing again. Mine are finally showing signs of coming back to life after being green numbs for the last few months.

cheers Mark i wonder if it will ever flower for me,a few pics,n.attenboroughii developing a new pitcher a new pitcher from n.truncata n.spatulata n.glabrata pitchering again now temps have dropped some developing pitchers in the undergrowth n.veitchii propagating d.regia from root cuttings a couple of ceph pics and i think one of my tillandsia is about to bloom,a first for me

Your glabrada is very nice.

What is that tillandsia specie ? Ionantha?

hi Maiden thanks,i think the tillandsia is tillandsia melanocrater tricolour,and i just checked it out on google images if my id is correct the flower should be amazing,i hope it does not abort the flower as temps are dropping here,or maybe the cooler temps induce the flower:scratch:i also grow what i think is ionantha it has softer silvery leaves and is allot smaller

N. glabrata is looking good. I've always loved that one. The new D. regia looks good, too. Propagation is just exciting.

Last edited:
Pretty sure its ionantha i mean smaller than the tricolor

I love that tubby glabrata. Nice post.

:D thank you biozest,a few pics ,n.attenboroughii has a new pitcher n.mira densiflora x robc n.ovata working on a far larger pitcher and i hope this robc pitcher is going to be a nice one lecanopteris sinuosa lecanopteris lomeroides p.cyclosecta in winter form (purple splat) p esseriana in winter mode d.hilaris :-D

Last edited:
my n.flava has finally produced a flava looking pitcher for me,and i hope has more on the wayn.truncata with lots of nectar n.talangensis in flower,the plant hates my conditions and has not pitchered for years:-(d.puchella in flower,it should be producing gemmae by now,i have adjusted the photo period and hope that will do the trickand a favorite at the moment for obvious reasons,n.ovata:-D

Last edited:
Very cool stuff, Corky! How has your D. hilaris fared over the warmer months? My remaining two plants are showing signs of regaining the level of growth they had before the hot weather hit.

Thanks Mark.One of the two small plantlets that appeared when i was keeping the plant much drier has grown well.the main plant and other plantlet are only just starting to unfurl a few leaves from the little loose buds.I really hope they get going soon .I can give them some powdered bloodworm now they have leaves

some update pics ,n.flava n.hamata rob.c n.spatulata, maybe intermediate n.singalana singalana detail :-D n.truncata campanulata x rob c tillandsia tricolour almost blooming

Last edited:
A wonderful crop of plants, not to mention photographs. That singalana detail rocks.

cheers Mark,singalana is a great species and seems to like my poor conditions more than most

first pics for you bluemax (Mark) d.hilaris ,this is the healthier looking plantlet and the pot with the main plant not looking as dewy d.cuneifolia has lost almost all red pigment in the winter sun Robc glamour pics think a bigger pot is in order this spring tillandsia tricolour flower (not the best pic) p.esseriana putting out loads of flowers ,i am well chuffed n.hamata looking hungry :-D

Your D.hilaris are looking great !

Cheers.just wish i could propagate it.Leaf pullings and root cuttings have failed

Back