What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amazing stuff. An eclectic collection of species! Where does one get Geissorhiza radians from??

Amazing stuff. An eclectic collection of species! Where does one get Geissorhiza radians from??

From ME of course ! I have some seed pods ripening now. I'll send you some once they're ready. They grow quickly and will often flower within the first year.

From ME of course ! I have some seed pods ripening now. I'll send you some once they're ready. They grow quickly and will often flower within the first year.

Good lord, I'm going to be seriously indebted to you by the end of the growing season! :-O thanks!

Man, it would be amazing to get that flower.... great idea, setting up an entire ecosystem pot with those species.

Dude, that G. radicans is stunning!

Some shots from the bog.

Drosera filiformis filiformis

Drosera intermedia

Drosera binata dichotoma 'Giant'

Sarracenia x moorei

Sarracenia flava flava

Sarracenia alata 'Red & Black' X x'Kilamanjaro'

Sarracenia oreophila

Darlingtonia californica - Siskyou Mountain

Drosera cunefolia

Drosera erythrorhiza ssp. magna

Drosera subhirtella

Drosera zigzagia

Drosera porrecta - Northern Form

Drosera rupicola

Drosera spiralis

Drosera graomogolensis

Drosera latifolia

Pinguicula pilosa

Nepenthes reinwardtiana - Mt. Kinabalu

Nepenthes platychila - Intermediate pitcher

Nepenthes x trusmadiensis - Clone #1

Everything's looking great! Is that D. binata dichotoma cold-hardy where you are?

It sure is Mark. Comes back every year in zone 5/6.

That's a great-looking D. spiralis – I've never seen one with that many active leaves.

That's a great-looking D. spiralis – I've never seen one with that many active leaves.

I have several of them and I assumed that they were all the same clone but that particular plant is the only one that puts out that many leaves at the same time. The other plants have more typical growth for the species, only having 3 or 4 leaves at once.

Last edited:
I didn't realize that Nepenthes reinwardtiana could be speckled. You have an interesting variety.

I didn't realize that Nepenthes reinwardtiana could be speckled. You have an interesting variety.

I've never seen one like this. It's also curiously lacking the 2 eye spots in the throat that's common to the species.

My new favorite thread! So many unusual sticky plants displayed in one place....must be heaven!

On the spiralis with the many leaves, is it possible that it is graminifolia or something different? Can you offer any advice on D. spiralis? I recently lost 1 of only 2 and I want to do my last one right!

I have several of them and I assumed that they were all the same clone but that particular plant is the only one that puts out that many leaves at the same time. The other plants have more typical growth for the species, only having 3 or 4 leaves at once.

Sounds like a keeper! What sort of conditions/media do you grow it in?

Fernando Rivadavia has seen photos of my plants and confirmed them all as D.spiralis. I've had that plant much longer than the other 2. It's probably just my conditions but, time will tell. I grow all my SA Drosera the same way. They're grown in trays in the basement where it always stays cool and fairly humid under T-5's. They're in 6" deep pots with a media of milled lfs, sand and perlite. They all seem very happy and flower very well for me.

You have some beautiful, beautiful plants. I especially liked that pic of "P.esseriana", that looked almost like a pink carnation or something. :p

Those nepenthes on the first page are also fantastic. I'm in the process of getting a 20 gal. terrarium set up so that I can attempt keeping some.

The bog. A bit battered after last weeks storms.

Sarracenia x 'Kilamanjaro'

Sarracenia x 'Leah Wilkerson'

Sarracenia purpurea var. montana

Sarracenia x umlauftiana

Sarracenia x 'Reptilian Rose'

Sarracenia leucophylla - Hurricane Creek White

Sarracenia oreophila - Alabama

Sarracenia oreophila x X 'Leah Wilkerson'

Sarracenia flava rubricorpora x X 'Leah Wilkerson'

Sarracenia flava "Chocolate Top" x flava "Don's Red Tube"

The "PNW Pot" with Darlingtonia californica - Siskyou Mountains, Drosera rotundifolia - Skagitt Co, Drosera x anglica - Washington and soon to be Pinguicula macroceras in the open space in the front. Darlingtonia is not the easiest plant to grow in New England but, here's the proof that it can be done with minimal extra effort.

Another group of plants starting to occupy my obsession.....The Ant Plants.

Hydnophytum formicarum

Cephalotus follicularis "Hummer's Giant". I really need to change the bulbs above the Cephs.

A couple of the tuberous Drosera are stubbornly refusing to go dormant:

Drosera porrecta - Southern Form

Drosera aff. stolonifera - Mini Hills Form

Drosera graomogolensis

Drosera spiralis: The leaves are now about 12" long.

Drosera tomentosa var. tomentosa

Pinguicula rectifolia

Pinguicula moctezumae

Pinguicula sp. Pachuca

Heliamphora uncinata

Heliamphora collina

Heliamphora minor

Heliamphora tatei

Nepenthes eymae x (stenophylla x lowii) - Emmi Kurosawas plant currently in my care.

Nepenthes x trusmadiensis - BE Clone 1 - Opened up this morning.

Nepenthes lowii x ephippiata

Nepenthes x briggsiana 'Peter D'Amato'

Nepenthes bokorensis

Nepenthes bongso - Gunung Merapi

Nepenthes boschiana - Opened this morning.

An older N.boschiana pitcher.

Nepenthes densiflora

Nepenthes clipeata

Nepenthes fallax

Nepenthes fusca - Sarawak Red

Nepenthes glandulifera

Nepenthes hamata - BE #3495

Nepenthes hirsuta - Kuching Spotted

Nepenthes lingulata - Seed Grown

Nepenthes longifolia - Seed Grown

Nepenthes mikei

Nepenthes muluensis

Nepenthes murudensis ( x murudensis ?)

Nepenthes ovata

Nepenthes reinwardtiana - Mt. Kinabalu

Nepenthes tentaculata - Mt. Kinabalu

Last edited:
I love the reinwardtiana and can't wait for the longifolia to get bigger. Is that tuberous sundew still growing, or is it just not wilting?

The 2 that are still up are recent imports from late last winter. Sometimes it takes them a while to go down the first year.

killlerrrr

It's funny about the ant plants becoming a new obsession. I'm feeling the same way.

Back