What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The kondoi is gorgeous! thanks for sharing!

P.rotundiflora

P. x'Titan'

H. x'Tequila' flower.

H. heterodoxa x minor also flowering.

H.collina flower.

N. burbidgea x platychila

N. rajah x mira

N.muluensis x lowii

N. ventricosa x ephippiata

N. x trusmadiensis - Clone 2

N. boschiana

N. fusca - "Form A"

N. leonardoi

This plant arrived as a seed grown N.stenophylla. I suspect it's either N.maxima or N.stenophylla x maxima.

N. stenophylla - The replacement plant from the one above.

N. spectabilis - Pangulubao, SG

N. sanguinea - Orange, intermediate pitcher.

N. peltata

N. naga

N. tenuis - Christian Klein

N. tenuis - AW

N. bongso - Gunung Merapi

N. hirsuta

Great update! That bongso looks great, did you grow it from seed yourself?

That particular one is the AW clone.

Last edited:
The tenuis from CK is really interesting, as I don't think I've seen true uppers/intermediates like that. How tall is the vine at this point?

The vine is about 12" now, no sign of a basal yet. There seem to be some marked differences between the 2 plants, it should be more obvious once they get to be more similar in size and the CK plant puts out a basal.

Wow Johnny! Everything looks amazing man! I really like the stenophylla, and I think the mystery maxima (x stenophylla??) could turn out to be a really cool plant!

Thanks man. I'm fairly certain the mystery plant is pure maxima, possibly one of the miniature forms.

that leonardoi is very intriguing.... as is the variation between your two tenuis clones. :) very nice update

Johnny! I wanna see sarr baby photos!!

This is about it for now for Sarracenia seedlings, not much has changed since the last photo. Should be some real lookers in there though come spring.

Yay!!!

Where's the big robc?

N. x'splendiana' Intermediate pitchers

N. lowii x ephippiata

N. x "Gothica"

N. bongso

N. veitchii "Pink"

N.tenuis

N.hamata - Katopassa Seed Grown

N.hamata - BE Clone #3495

N.glandulifera - Seed Grown

N.copelandii

H. sp. "Nov. Angasima"

D.montana ssp. tomentosa

D.graomogolensis

D.latifolia (Formerly D.ascendens)

D.modesta

D.meziesii ssp. menziesii

The plants response to freezing about a month ago.

D.hookeri

D.lowriei

D.macrophylla ssp. monatha

D.gigantea just starting to poke up.

D.zonaria

D.ramellosa

D.purpurescens

D.aberrans

D.erythrorhiza ssp. squamosa "Laterite Growing Form"

D.cistiflora with companion plant Geissorhiza radicans (Wine Cup Flower often seen growing together in the wild).

Last edited:
So much talent, so little I have! Thanks for all the pictures!

A spectacular display of S. American and tuberous 'dews. D.modesta is one that wasn't even on my radar.

Thank you Mark. In my opinion, D.modesta is a must have if you're into the tuberous species. It's impressively large and showy, readily makes more tubers and is one of the easier species to grow. Mine got over 24" before they got frozen this year. The plants responded to the stalks being killed by going into overdrive producing more plantlets and activating nodes on the lower parts of the main stalks. One of my favorite species for sure.

Very jealous of your tuberous dews, mine are nowhere near that level yet.... maybe next year.....
Also nice D. tomentosa as well, haven't got mine to lower yet, but the flower stalks are intriguing. Also, the new name is D. latifolia, not lateralis on the "ascendens" plants.

Thanks. The cooler weather and shortened light cycles trigger the SA Drosera into flowering for me. I know ascendens is latifolia, tag is correct. A simple slip of the mind while posting. Getting old sucks.

Reminds me - congrats on the graos in bloom. 'A rare occurrence. Mine never have.

Back