What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great stuff. Particularly envious of your seed grown N. glandulifera.

Where do you grow your tuberous sundews? In a basement where it is cool enough?

Reminds me - congrats on the graos in bloom. 'A rare occurrence. Mine never have.

Mine bloom every winter. Try cooling them down and dropping the light cycle.

Where do you grow your tuberous sundews? In a basement where it is cool enough?

Yeah, I grow them in an unheated basement alongside my pygmy Drosera, SA Drosera, ZA Drosera and Cephalotus.

D. ramellosa is so bizarre looking! It looks like one of those predatory reef worms.

D. ramellosa is so bizarre looking! It looks like one of those predatory reef worms.

Yup. Really cool. Wait till you see the pics of purpurescens in a few weeks.

Mine bloom every winter. Try cooling them down and dropping the light cycle.

I'm not sure the rest of the community in my terra would like this but how low are your temps and how short your photo periods? 'Might be worth the try. I've also been growing D. slackii for years and never seen them bloom.

I'm not sure the rest of the community in my terra would like this but how low are your temps and how short your photo periods? 'Might be worth the try. I've also been growing D. slackii for years and never seen them bloom.

The basement area where I grow them only gets residual heat from the furnace and regularly drops into the low 40's at night. Days are in the 50's or 60's depending on the weather. I grow them right beside my tuberous Drosera and certain ZA species which love these temps. I should throw my D.slackii and D.hamiltonii down there as well come to think of it.....

Dang! It sounds like I need a basement. I can't match those temps but I'd be very curious to see if they encourage slackii and hamiltonii to bloom.

Dayum mang! Your glandulifera's really going off! You're beating me and Luca for sure! Anyone else get one??

Yeah Greg, the glandulifera is growing much faster than anticipated. It's very common for seed grown plants to grow at irregular rates.

Dang! It sounds like I need a basement. I can't match those temps but I'd be very curious to see if they encourage slackii and hamiltonii to bloom.

I'll probably throw them down there this weekend. I assume at least with D.hamiltonii that flowers will come in spring after temps go up and light cycle is raised. I'll keep you posted.

amazing plants !!

Thank you Man-Maiden.

Mark, you may be interested to hear that D.spiralis is also sending up a flower stalk for me for the first time. Pics to follow shortly.......

Mark, you may be interested to hear that D.spiralis is also sending up a flower stalk for me for the first time. Pics to follow shortly.......

I'm already looking forward to seeing them. ;)

Nepenthes muluensis x lowii

Nepenthes x trusmadiensis Clone #1

Nepenthes lowii x ephippiata

Nepenthes bongso - Gunung Merapi - AW

Nepenthes boschiana - BE - Seed Grown

Nepenthes burkei

Nepenthes fusca - "Form A" - Seed Grown

Nepenthes fusca - Tambunan Rd. - AW

Nepenthes glandulifera

Nepenthes leonardoi

Nepenthes muluensis

Nepenthes tenuis - AW

Nepenthes tenuis - CK

Nepenthes tobaica

Nepenthes veitchii - "Candy Striped" - Bareo

Nepenthes vogelii

Pinguicula x 'Sethos'

Utricularia quelchii

Utricularia pubescens

Heliamphora nutans "Giant"

Heliamphora sarracenioides

Heliamphora tatei

Heliamphora x 'Tequila'

Drosera graomogolensis

Drosera spiralis

Drosera ramellosa

Drosera purpurescens

Drosera lowriei

Drosera macrophylla ssp. monatha

Drosera erythrorhiza ssp. squamosa

Lovely plants. It's funny how you can see bladders in the second picture of the Nepenthes veitchii. Do you use pure sand for the tuberous sundews?

Lovely plants. It's funny how you can see bladders in the second picture of the Nepenthes veitchii. Do you use pure sand for the tuberous sundews?

Thank you. Those bladders are from U.longifolia which has become a huge pest in my Nepenthes collection. The tuberous Drosera are in a mix of about 3 parts sand to 1 part peat. I'll be trying some in pure sand this year though.

Some nice progress, dude. Seeing well grown plants when there's a ******* blizzard outside really gives me that warm, fuzzy feeling.

Back