What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm coming to the conclusion that this is what D. hilaris would like as well. In Nepenthes terms, I mainly grow intermediate and these plants are closer to highland, at least during their growing season. It is nice to see it done right.

Yup. From what I know about D.hilaris, it's needs are fairly similar if not identical to D.cistiflora. Never having grown it myself though, I can't say for sure.

Drosera cistiflora with a Geissorhiza radians coming into bloom in the background.

Drosera cunefolia

Drosera groamogolensis Flower Scapes

Drosera spiralis

A second D.spiralis starting to flower.

Drosera hookeri

Drosera menziesii ssp. menziesii Flower Bud.

Drosera purpurescens

Cephalotus follicularis with a nice red coloration.

Cephalotus follicularis - Hummer's Giant

Pinguicula esseriana

Nepenthes spectabilis x hamata

Nepenthes burkei

Nepenthes diatas - Bandahara

Nepenthes glandulifera - Seed Grown

Nepenthes naga - Seed Grown - Getting ready to open it's largest pitcher yet.

Nepenthes naga - A smaller seed grown plant.

Nepenthes tenuis - AW

Nepenthes tobaica

Nepenthes veitchii - "Pink"

Last edited:
Wow amazing growing. I am particularly fond of your Pinguicula rock. Also did I miss something? N. spectabilis x hamata?? I must be sleeping to not have known that cross was made.

Wow amazing growing. I am particularly fond of your Pinguicula rock. Also did I miss something? N. spectabilis x hamata?? I must be sleeping to not have known that cross was made.

Jeremiah made the cross a few years back and released it in fairly small numbers. Seed grown ones are still available from time to time. It's a beautiful plant and is incidentally up for trade at the moment. (See the trades section of the forum)

Last edited:
'Great to see the sundew flowers. I'm still amazed by the display of tuberous 'dews.

I find the ping rock to be very reminiscent of a colony of P. vulgaris I have seen in the North Cascades mountains.

Thanks Mark. Those P.esseriana are just barely out of the pulling stage. I find that the plants root easier to the stone and grow in with a more natural look when you attach them while still very small.

Last edited:
that ping rock is dope

The bogs are waking up.....

Some Sarracenia.

Dionaea muscipula

Drosera filiformis filiformis

Drosera intermedia

Pinguicula grandiflora

Pinguicula moranensis var. albiflora

Pinguicula laueana

Pinguicula rectifolia

Pinguicula emarginata

Drosera cistiflora

Geissorhiza radians growing with D.cistiflora.

Drosera spiralis

Heliamphora uncinata

Heliamphora nutans - "Giant"

Heliamphora sarracenioides

Heliamphora collina

Heliamphora tatei

Heliamphora minor

Nepenthes lowii x ephippiata

Nepenthes x trusmadiensis - Clone 1

Nepenthes boschiana

Nepenthes burkei

Nepenthes diatas

Nepenthes edwardsiana

Nepenthes eymae - Squished pitcher

Nepenthes fusca - "Form A"

Nepenthes glandulifera

Nepenthes hamiguitanensis

Nepenthes jamban

Nepenthes leonardoi

Nepenthes naga

Nepenthes peltata

Nepenthes platychila - Intermediate pitcher getting ready to open.

Nepenthes sp. #1

Nepenthes stenophylla

Nepenthes vogelii

Last edited:
Very awesome!! You could post updates daily and I wouldn't get tired of looking. The bright green sphagnum around your nepenthes is a nice touch, very exotic looking.

Quite the tour de force! I have seen photos of Geissorhiza radians growing with D. cistiflora and D. pauciflora in S. Africa but the flower is even more beautiful in close up.

Thanks Mark. I also just got some seeds of G.tuibaghensis, ovata and inflexa along with Dowbenya aurea and Tritonia duesta to grow with D.pauciflora, D.cistiflora and D.hilaris.

That Nepenthes burkei looks so weird. The colors inside go from gray to yellow. I wonder if that is normal for the plant. And it is nice that your cistiflora is still growing for you. I guess it doesn't go dormant the same time as your tuberous Drosera do.

You Honestly have one of the largest and most spectacular collections I've ever seen!!! great work! I would be overwhelmed with a quarter the collection you have! :hail:

That Nepenthes burkei looks so weird. The colors inside go from gray to yellow. I wonder if that is normal for the plant. And it is nice that your cistiflora is still growing for you. I guess it doesn't go dormant the same time as your tuberous Drosera do.

The colors inside the burkei are kind of iridescent. It's just the angle of the photo that makes it look grey. If you look in the previous post there's a photo of another pitcher where you can see the deep red of the interior. The photos of the Geissorhiza and the D.cistiflora were taken a few weeks ago. The cistiflora is now dormant and the Geissorhiza are all forming seed pods now. Many of my tuberous Drosera are actually still in active growth like hookeri, peltata, menziesii and some of the erythrorhiza.

Thanks Mark. I also just got some seeds of G.tuibaghensis, ovata and inflexa along with Dowbenya aurea and Tritonia duesta to grow with D.pauciflora, D.cistiflora and D.hilaris.

'Very cool. 'Kind of a community effect, as in the wild.

'Very cool. 'Kind of a community effect, as in the wild.

Yup. Thinking of doing a large-ish pot full of several of these species growing together to leave at a local botanical garden as a seasonal display.

Wow! Nice pics! :bigthumpup:

That's normal for N.burkei and other species/hybrids, happens all the time....

8356737895_e74165bc5f_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back