What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That N. x [clipeata x (clipeata x eymae)] is a thing of beauty! :)

Oh, P. gypsicola, very nice!

very very nice Crissy,

I seem to remember this one
ventxspec.jpg

Some of your dews are massive :p

Thanks everyone for the kind words! :)

Av - you should. I won that in a NASC auction a few years back from you. It is huge now! One of my favorite Neps too.

Thanks Smitty! This is momma to the basal I added to the NASC auction.

Last edited:
I don't have too much exciting stuff to take pictures of right now. I did get a few today and yesterday though.

D. ascendens - almost lost these a few times, finally looking decent again.
ascendens-1.jpg

D. coccicaulis
cocc1-1.jpg

Drosophyllum
dewypine-1.jpg

P. gypsicola
gypsicola-1.jpg

Hummer's Giant
hummer.jpg

U. "Betty's Bay"
bettysbay.jpg

U. pubescens - it was blooming when I received it so I can't take credit.
pub.jpg

Enjoy,
Crystal

I find ascendens REALLY likes it's humidity high. Doesn't seem too fussy as long as it gets at least that.

Such an excellent thread to have somehow missed for so many months. I love all the 'dew pics especially. You and I share a taste for those not often grown. I have found D. ascendans to be pretty easy and, as Mass says, maybe it's because I keep my plants at close to a minimum of 60% relative humidity and often higher. I see some differences between your plants and mine, Crissytal, but maybe yours are just more mature.

Thanks Mass and Mark. I've never seen my humidity drop below 50%. Last time I checked it, it was around 70%. Temperatures are around 72-75F. I don't know why D. ascendens hate me so much. They are finally doing better so maybe I'm doing something right.

Thanks Mark. I tend to gravitate towards the 'rarer' Drosera. Often times rarer means more difficult, but I like the challenge :) (at least in the case of the D. ascendens anyway).

Here are a couple Ping pictures I forgot last night:

P. gracilis
gracilis-1.jpg

P. laueana just out of dormancy and coloring up
laueana.jpg

Crystal

Incredibly beautiful plants!

The flower on your P. gracilis is almost as big as the plant! 'Looks very alpine.

Back