What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DJ57

I am a CPaholic...
My first attempt at growing some indoor stuff. The N. Clipeata x (clipeata x eymae) I got from a local nursery a few months ago. The N. Deroose, N. ventrata, and D. roseana from gemmae I received from some very generous TF people. The ceph I got last fall and going to attempt leaf pullings this week, my first time doing this so wish me luck.

N. Ventrata getting its first pitcher I think

NVentrata.jpg
[/IMG]

N. Clipeata x (clipeata x eymae) getting its first pitcher

NClipeataxclipeataxeymae.jpg
[/IMG]

D. Roseana from gemmae

DRoseana.jpg
[/IMG]

Cephalotus

Cephalotus2-2012.jpg
[/IMG]

This poor N. Deroose alata x (alata x ventricosa) still looks much the same as when I got it about a month ago except I cut some dead leaves off. Any hope of this being salvageable and any suggestions? Media is orchid bark, LFS, and peat. About 12" under a shop light. I mist it about every other day, normal household humidity.

NDeroosealataxalataxventricosa2.jpg
[/IMG]

NDeroosealataxalataxventricosa.jpg
[/IMG]

One of my Drosophyllum lusitanicum seedlings that recently germinated.

Drosophyllumlusitanicum.jpg
[/IMG]

I'd recommend sticking it in a 2.5 gallon ziplock bag, giving it a nice mist, and sealing it up.. May just save it's life. Looks like it's just not acclimating.
Everything else looks great though. :clap: May need to up the light on the ceph a bit, but green is a dashing color. ;)

Hey the roseana gemmae are comin' right along! Told ya they were easy!

Everything looks good ! Nice droso :)

I'd recommend sticking it in a 2.5 gallon ziplock bag, giving it a nice mist, and sealing it up.. May just save it's life. Looks like it's just not acclimating.
Everything else looks great though. :clap: May need to up the light on the ceph a bit, but green is a dashing color. ;)

Thanx. So you think there is hope for the nep? How close to the light should put it after bagging it up?

I will put the ceph closer to the light, thanx. :-D

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

Hey the roseana gemmae are comin' right along! Told ya they were easy!

Thanx. I did not expect them all the germinate, so yeah easier than I thought.

It may just be the photo, but your nep soil looks a bit dry. Perhaps it needs more water?

The Deroose CERTAINLY has hope. Your growing tip looks very healthy. I'd second increasing the humidity until it is fully on track, but I think it should pull through.

Oh yeah, there is most definitely hope for the nep. Not a goner by any means..
You could always just bag it up, and stick it in a sunny window sill.

The Deroose still looks a bit dry. Just bag it up so it doesn't lose too much moisture through the leaves. Since the roots are weak, it's difficult for the plant to absorb moisture as it usually would. No biggy though, just stick it in a zip lock baggy like Travis mentioned, and it should bounce back in a few weeks/months.

'Nice indoor collection, DJ! I like your ceph and I'm wondering if it is the same clone as I have. Mine has turned a deep purple under bright lighting.

'Nice indoor collection, DJ! I like your ceph and I'm wondering if it is the same clone as I have. Mine has turned a deep purple under bright lighting.

Thank you. I am hoping it will color up when I put it ouside this summer like my neighbor's ceph down the street does, but putting it closer to the light now as suggested.

I got this ceph from a person down in Southern Oregon, I believe it was a division or leaf pulling of one of his many cephs.

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

:-D Thank ya all for looking and for your suggestions, which are taken to heart and changes being made. The Deroose is now in a plastic bag. I repotted it into medium that retains a little more moisture and the dry-looking top was deceiving as the roots were moist in the old pot. I will talk to it every day, lol, and hopefully it will do better with the changes.

Nice pictures dj. Good work going on there dude good indoor growing and really giving the results. very nice efforts there by you and keep such a good work going on is quite helping.

LOL! The D. roseanna don't look randomly placed!

Thank you. The N. Deroose is looking real good now thanx to the advice of others more experienced and looks to be making a pitcher. I will post some updated pics to this thread soon.

LOL! The D. roseanna don't look randomly placed!

What? You caught me, haha. I picked the gemmae up one by one with a wet toothpic and layed them around the pot.

I once tried spelling the name, "Marius Vid", in honor of the gemmae he sent me. It got too tedious for me to continue!

No sense having two plant pic threads, so I am closing this one and I direct you to DJ57's plant thread for updates. :-D

Back