What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's about time bluemax posted some photos!

Deeper into The Tank.

P6163649.jpg

P6163663.jpg

P6163655.jpg

Drosera slackii - as requested.

P6163730.jpg

And close-up.

P6163734.jpg

Much-loved "Colorado Giant" flytrap.

P6163727.jpg

Long-suffering Drosera regia.

P6163712.jpg

Drosera hamiltonii - a gift from a friend.

P6163675.jpg

P6163708.jpg

D. aliciae in its tube.

P6163678.jpg

Utricularia longifolia - I'm hoping for flowers.

P6163699.jpg

Drosera ascendans. Poor photo but it does give an idea of scale. I'll try for better soon.

:)Thanks for looking and hope you enjoyed.

Last edited:
Nice tank. Love the ceph. That colorado giant looks like it is loving it in there, very health with good color. Mine don't look that nice yet.

Nice plants! That slackii is definently cool looking

Nice tank. Love the ceph. That colorado giant looks like it is loving it in there, very health with good color. Mine don't look that nice yet.

Thanks, DJ. I'm guessing, knowing your horticultural abilities, that yours are just behind in the season. I'm pretty excited because this is the first vft that I've grown with a trap over one inch in length.

Nice plants! That slackii is definently cool looking
Thanks, Mike. 'Glad you like the slackii. It's become quite the specimen/freak plant. I have no explanation as to why it has grown the way it has.

SUPER SLACKII!! :hail:

The dews look awesome! My aliciae looks so unorganized because it keeps trying to flower.

That slackii is intense dude.. How long have you had that plant? Several years? And that aliciae is definitely one of the nicest i've ever seen...

SUPER SLACKII!! :hail:

A high complement from someone with your dew-growing powers.

The dews look awesome! My aliciae looks so unorganized because it keeps trying to flower.

Thank you, Wire Man. I managed to photograph the aliciae at a good time. It definitely gets ratty-looking at times.

That slackii is intense dude.. How long have you had that plant? Several years? And that aliciae is definitely one of the nicest i've ever seen...

Thanks, Brie. The slackii is forming a baby at the base. The last one I sold at the NASC auction. I think I bought it in the fall of 2009.

Next up: The petiolaris dews.

I guess I've just never seen one that old before. Didn't realize the stacking powers.. I've got 5 of my own, but they're only about an inch across.

I guess I've just never seen one that old before. Didn't realize the stacking powers.. I've got 5 of my own, but they're only about an inch across.

It started stacking when the plant was about 1.5 inches across. I have cut it in two and rooted the top while the lower produced new growth but it continued in the same manner. I think I could cut it into 3 now, like a nep - but I kinda like it this way. :)

I love it this way. Make a custom big dog enclosure just for that one dew.. and let it go nuts.
My problem is, is that I tend to do that for ALL my dews. haha..

looking forward to seeing your petiolaris! beautiful plants Mark!

Very nice plants BlueMax! Thanks for sharing!

Regarding D. slackii, they do like to mound with age.

Here is an older photo of mine, shown from the top...

IMG_2062-1.jpg

...and from the side with a thick black root snaking its way down to soil level.

IMG_2065-1.jpg

dvg

I love it this way. Make a custom big dog enclosure just for that one dew.. and let it go nuts.
My problem is, is that I tend to do that for ALL my dews. haha..

Maybe that's why they end up looking so good.

looking forward to seeing your petiolaris! beautiful plants Mark!

Thanks, Amp! I swear I am working on the petiolaris pics.

Very nice plants BlueMax! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you, dvg. That's a very nice slackii you have there.

Oops. Duplicate.

Last edited:
My Petiolaris 'Dews.

True to the name of this thread I have finally gotten these ready to go. 'Hope you enjoy.

P7253909.jpg

Drosera lanata

P7253922.jpg

Showing 2 new growth points on different sides.

P7253926.jpg

P7253917.jpg

Wooly is right!

P7253939.jpg

D. paradoxa

P7253945.jpg

P7253958.jpg

D. ordensis, narrow-leaf form, looking ready for separation and repotting.

P7253965.jpg

D. falconeri

P7253966-1.jpg

P7253970.jpg

Shot with a flash, for variety.

P7253972.jpg

D. dilatato-petiolaris, seed grown.

P7253972-1.jpg

Last edited:
I miss growing petiolaris dews.
Very nice buddy. Love the falconeri.

I miss growing petiolaris dews.
Very nice buddy. Love the falconeri.

Thanks, Mass. The falconeri is one of my very favorites. 'Reminds me of schizandra, somehow.

:0o: OMG, those are gorgeous dews. :hail:

Back