What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's about time bluemax posted some photos!

Big ol' P. moranensis

At least that's what I think it is. I'm no ping pro so if anyone believes it's something else I'd like to hear it. I was given this plant, about a third smaller, last month and I am totally enjoying it so I thought maybe others might too. Or this entry can serve as a bump to anyone who missed my petiolaris entry above.^ :)

P8174080-Copy.jpg

This is a 4" pot it's in so it is easily over 5" across.

P8174080-Copy-Copy.jpg

I'm a little concerned about all those bugs that it's managed to trap. Are they thrips?

:0o: Monster ping eating well. Glad you are enjoying it and it is doing better for you than me.

Brokken: Those are pesky soil knats.

Yup, I agree with DJ57. Looks like fungus gnats. Their larvae breeds in soil, then they mature, reproduce, and feed your CPs. Pretty much a revolving cycle. And completely harmless to your plants for the most part unless you have teeny tiny seedlings.

great dews bluemax,well bumped as i missed them the first time,nice big ping too

Brokken - Thanks for your concern and discerning eye. Fortunately they are fungus gnats. This plant is a magnet for them.

DJ - I appreciate your response.

Iwest - Right you are. I appreciate your input.

The story of why they are there is the terrarium is in a room that has had the window open almost continuously for over a month due to hot weather. The gnats are so small that they can get through the screen. They end up attracted to the light above the terra and often go inside it. Just to insure they don't get established I have been watering everything with water that contains Bt from mosquito dunks. I grow a lot of seedlings.

Love the plants, especially the D. slackii and petiolaris 'dews.

That's an insane petiolaris collection!

Great tank setup! And I really like the PVC idea too.

PVC pipe pots.... wow. the creativity people are developing these days. that's awesome!

Love the plants, especially the D. slackii and petiolaris 'dews.

Thanks, Devon. I seem to have a thing for D. slackii.

That's an insane petiolaris collection!

I appreciate it, Wire Man. I've gotta a passion for wooleys.

Great tank setup! And I really like the PVC idea too.

Thank you, Kinjie. The tank is looking different these days. I'll try to get an update before long.

PVC pipe pots.... wow. the creativity people are developing these days. that's awesome!

Thanks, Hamata-Honzo. Necessity is still the mother of invention. :)

great dews bluemax,well bumped as i missed them the first
time,nice big ping too

I appreciate it, corky!

D. villosa strikes

P7055236Dvillosa.jpg

Awhile back a friend gave me some D. villosa leaves to try to propagate. After about a month in the sphagnum water this is what is happening.

I'm posting this partly as a way of warming up to a larger post of new photos soon. I hope...

Last edited:
Woot congrats :)

Ha, glad you posted that pic. Congrats on your success. Eagerly anticipating more pics :poke:

well done on the strikes Mark,be nice to see more of your collection:pics:

congrats! Looks like you got quite a few strikes there..

Brie, Dj, Corky and Mass - thanks for the encouragement. :)

I've been very lazy with the camera and it's not good for me. The little strikes are progressing quickly so I will try to include an update when I do the larger photo post - this next week, maybe?

from the Terra

101.jpg

"Colorado Giant" venus' flytrap

102.jpg

103.jpg

Drosera graomogolensis

104.jpg

105.jpg

Pinguicula cyclosecta

106.jpg

Nepenthes truncata x ?

107.jpg

D. intermedia 'roraima'

108.jpg

P. agnata 'true blue' starting to return to summer bigness.

109.jpg

Little graos.

110.jpg

111.jpg

P. 'sethos'

112.jpg

D. montana var. tomentosa

113.jpg

D. natalensis

114.jpg

Utricularia bisquamata 'Betty's Bay'

115.jpg

D. slackii

nice mark,your p cyclosecta's are looking good mine are terrible,great dews too

It IS about time.. we don't get taken to school nearly enough. Been wondering what changes I need to make around here.
#1: media

Back