What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's about time bluemax posted some photos!

A few

Oops! Somehow this didn't work so here's another try;

OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg

Utricularia 'Betty's Bay'

A cup full of Drosera regia babies.

Last edited:
My 'Betty's Bay' has refused to flower; any particular conditions that seem to trigger it?

My 'Betty's Bay' has refused to flower; any particular conditions that seem to trigger it?

Mine have been blooming in my garage window since the nighttime temps started to rise in Feb. I suspect that a significant difference between daytime high temperatures and nighttime lows might make a difference. A increasing photoperiod might also matter as a trigger. I come to this by looking at my present conditions so they're just an educated guess. I also think BB likes growing in a small net pot and being in standing water. I use a peat/perlite soil and I press a layer of long-fiber sphagnum moss around the inside of the pot to hold it in. 'Hope this helps.

That tells me I need to switch spots; the place it's in right now really doesn't experience huge seasonal swings, and there's a pot that does that I can put in its place that will bloom no matter the conditions.

Great 'Betty's Bay'. I really need to re-up on that form

A few from the chilly garage window sill

The title to this thread always applies - ha!

A few pings.

Some of the Cephalotus.

Drosera cuneifolia "Table Mtn. form"

Clockwise from top: Drosera schizandra, D. cuneifolia "Silvermine form", D. cuneifolia "Table Mtn. form"

More pings.

D. esterhuyseniae x slackii

Last edited:
What's that one in the first photo, planifolia? It's very striking

What's that one in the first photo, planifolia? It's very striking

Yes - well-spotted. Despite temps down in the 40's F. it is growing happily alongside the Mexican pings. 'Been growing it for years but it has never grown as well as since I started putting Osmocote in the soil, in small amounts. 'Glad you like it.

A few from the big terra

Pinguicula heterophylla

Little P. gypsicola plants.

P. emarginata "Max", also entered in this month's Plant of the Month competition.

Drosera schizandra

Very nice, especially like Pinguicula heterophylla and P. gypsicola

Thanks, corky!

Really nice collection Mark. I have to know my limits to preserve peace at home. 99% of my CP are winter hardy or require mild protection. Indoors won't cut it. Don't even want to bring it up. I might be able to do some if I get rid of my three African Violets.

Lovely glimpse into your collection! The coloration (and size) on your 'Max' is really striking!

Thanks, jerrysmith and madrone. 'Glad you enjoyed.

Very nice. Sorry if it’s already mentioned somewhere in this string, but where are you at that the pings are living outside? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice. Sorry if it’s already mentioned somewhere in this string, but where are you at that the pings are living outside? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. I gather you are referring to the windowsill in my garage? I am in Washington State, just outside of Portland, Oregon. The latest photos are of indoor-grown plants in my 55-gallon terrarium. I do grow Ping. grandiflora out of doors and I just let them sit in their pot outside year-round.

Last edited:
Excellent lineup and great color!

Thank you - I'm glad you enjoyed. I am getting ready to add some more photos in the next week or so, if plans are upheld.

Last edited:
Are you keeping them all in the same area? I'm looking at your D. Schizandra and she seems to be loving life.

Back